Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Enlightened One said:
Actually I don't know, because that's about the time when I moved on to college (i.e. totally abandoned the Tribes world except for the occasional TW post). What happened?
Well basically a lot of people abandoned Tribes, not only you! Most of us went to school or got real jobs too.

And the shoutcasting went with it. As well as the dreams of a Tribes franchise saviour that would rejuvinate our community, T2 after T:AA after T:V.

Some of my favorite Tribes moments:
* the boom of community sites and clans, and Dynamix's involvement in that
* The Tribes World Championships, even though they didn't go as smoothly as we wanted them to
* The TW/PSS vs Dynamix match in base+

Fuck, I wish T1 still had a good master server. It's killin' me.

for the record, this was done.. TW GALA? 4 teams went.. POE? IE, S3, 5150.. and IE won. They came out of retirement and beat 5150.. so IE will always be #1 in my head. Not cause it's all memories, because they won gala.

You can still play tribes 1. The Deadly Family server always has like 20 people on it. Every now and then someone old school that is recognizable is on there

Where can a guy who never actually played during this time find demos of IE vs 5150? If they're the wonders people say they are, I'd like to watch them and see what I missed out on.

rook said:
for the record, this was done.. TW GALA? 4 teams went.. POE? IE, S3, 5150.. and IE won. They came out of retirement and beat 5150.. so IE will always be #1 in my head. Not cause it's all memories, because they won gala.
I$ went
TF went

Digging back in my memory on all subjects:

I went to quite a few Reno Lans. Rasta showed everyone the S3 script pack and besides a bunch of different color stuff, he had chainsparcks that showed up as super massive red and black squares. Nothing terribly amazing. Although he did show me the NoFog hack which was pretty damn cool, although made the game look like ass.

I do remember playing Nutz once though on SB and we had our capper hiding way back in the hills in some odd ditch, and watching all 4 nutz O go straight at him. He'd been there for all of 10 seconds and even if described over TS/RW, no way they would have known exactly where he was to that degree.

There was also a time when LiquidH2o showed up at an SDLAN and started playing with out realizing that he had all the Nuts scripts installed. I think we told him he should uninstall em before people started getting angry.

I was also at Tribes Gala and got to watch those final matches, which no one cheated in quite obviously. Absolutely THE BEST matches I've ever seen in tribes, and this was back in 2000. If anyone has those demos with the shoutcast recording, ANY tribes player would enjoy watching them. Hands down with out a question phenominal skills. Hell they were playing for 10,000 bucks haha.

Tribes I remember there were IE, 5150, S3, TF, POE, I$ and Rez had quite a following. MudSloth uses one of those CueBall track balls and plays left handed. Most fucked up thing I've ever seen.

Back in the PSS days I remember Writer playing the greatest tribes joke ever. Wrote an AutoAim script, back in like 1998. All it really did was randomly spin you in circles and fire the weapon in no particular order, but TONS of people came on and posted how they had 100 kills in one pub match. He owned SO many people in that thread, and then posted an Avi of what it did.

Oh ya, and cyanide got a visit from the Boca Raton police department because no one likes a punk tricc ass bitch.

wasn't that more like strega called cyanide pretending to be a cop because the real cops laughed at him when he called crying about what a 14 year old said about his girlfriends daughter, the same daughter whose bed you got a bj from oibird on?

Zxqv8 said:
Where can a guy who never actually played during this time find demos of IE vs 5150? If they're the wonders people say they are, I'd like to watch them and see what I missed out on.

gigafool said:
wasn't that more like strega called cyanide pretending to be a cop because the real cops laughed at him when he called crying about what a 14 year old said about his girlfriends daughter, the same daughter whose bed you got a bj from oibird on?

No that was the ACTUAL cops showing up because strega told them that cyanide threatened sexual abuse and rape of a minor.

internet/mail/phone they didn't care :)

And it still amazes me all you tards can't think of anything better than me and oibird on madcunts daughters bed. Its like the oldest Tribes E-Drama rumor there is. Does originality mean nothing to you kids?

it's a thread about tribes memories

that is certainly a tribes memory

now we only need a link to celestials self-promotion website where he wears anakin skywalker constumes and does jedi moves

Mael said:
There was also a time when LiquidH2o showed up at an SDLAN and started playing with out realizing that he had all the Nuts scripts installed. I think we told him he should uninstall em before people started getting angry.

I heard this also from a separate source, and it makes me sad :( Altho I'm not sure how much those hacks would help a capper, the fact that they were installed is really disappointing.

Back