Best places to farm gold? by Osiris - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best places to farm gold?
Page 6 of 8
Big Dick Dudley
VeteranX
Old
101 - 05-07-2006, 12:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouailtagh
It's probably a farmer hack. I know in our forums people are complaining about the price crash on major healing/mana pots. Someone chimed in that there are exploits to get to the Tribute Chest in DM, which apparently contains a good number of major mana pots.
Yea, the Major mana pots were ~4g for the longest time on my server. Then they shot up to 7g for awhile, and then went back to 4g. I bought like 40 stacks after the 7g scare. I could never figure out how they were being sold for so cheap.

Sponsored Links
Rouailtagh
Unregistered
Old
102 - 05-07-2006, 19:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dick Dudley
Yea, the Major mana pots were ~4g for the longest time on my server. Then they shot up to 7g for awhile, and then went back to 4g. I bought like 40 stacks after the 7g scare. I could never figure out how they were being sold for so cheap.
Well the latest rumor I had heard was some sort of cheat/exploit in DM to get to the Tribute Chest. I'm told it contains a steady stock of major mana potions.

Watahboy
VeteranX
Old
103 - 05-07-2006, 19:12
teleport hacks were fixed nub.

Rouailtagh
Unregistered
Old
104 - 05-07-2006, 19:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watahboy
teleport hacks were fixed nub.
And the few that actually code exploits/hacks to workaround the new code fixes. Just like viruses, eventually someone will find/use/make another exploit.

The rumor's as old as this thread.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
105 - 05-07-2006, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse
some other places with good cash rates (several of these are also the ultimate places to grind the last few levels to 60):

Mosh'Ogg Maulers (elites) in STV. I'm getting steady 6-7g in raw cash per hour, along with mithril and iron, mage/silk... and greens in the high 30s. Almost no downtime. One downside is there are only so many of them but it works out fairly well to keep constant pace. if iron, heavy stone, mage and silk fetch a good price and you have a good market in the 30s for selling greens... this is a nice spot.

Jadefire Satyrs in the SW of Felwood are nice cash. Around 6g with ok drops and chance at felcloth. Not sure about other drops but i know many people have been able to quietly farm tons of cash there.

Deadwind Brutes/mages/warlocks are also about 7g per hour and one of the very best sources of runecloth. Not many greens or blues will likely drop, but if you have a strong inlking to quietly farm and sell ****loads of runecloth, this is a great spot. You will get occassional greens from locks/maulters along with lots of valuable greys. Not dont expect uber-drops.

Deadwind "master's cellar" is one of my fav spots from that past. Tracking gold per hour i'm getting 7g per hour in raw cash. You will also get decent runecloth and other drops including nice ones. One of the greatest benefits of this spot is... you will seldomly see other players there.

EPL Noxious Glade is a classic farming spot. 4-5g or so depending on what you grind. This is also a great place for runecloth. There is also rich thorium here and other stuff drops. The raw cahs isnt the best but you do find some rare drops and have the steady rich thorium as well. However, that thorium makes is a regular spot for other farmers. You also of course can get Argent Dawn stones and Essence of Undeath which can be both very useful.

** These figures were with Titanbar and using a hunter, focused on a steady pace with minimal downtime.

By comparison...

Scarlet Monastary Graveyard is about 3-4g per hour with the elites, tons of silk and greens. You can fill a bag with greens very quickly. And the respawn rate is great in there which is what makes it so popular.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
106 - 05-09-2006, 11:02
has anybody farmed LBRS for the greater fire protection recipe?

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=16100

has a 2% chance to drop and is worth a small fortune on many servers. on dark iron, this recipe sells for 300-450g.

i was trying to farm this last night on my hunter, solo. i killed about four of the invokers but it was just so damn hard with the pats respawning (the melee grunts are a pain in the ass to solo for me).

the casters there are piss-easy to kill. if you can sap/vanish or trap/FD, this is still possible with 3 mobs. i might try this again, and see if i can figure out a good strategy for regularly killing them.

Last edited by TseTse; 05-09-2006 at 11:05..
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
107 - 05-23-2006, 03:23
anybody tried farming these?

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=24927

2% world drop on these specific mobs. lvl 60 elites but can be soloed. decent cash as well.

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
108 - 05-23-2006, 04:46
Quote:

2% world drop on these specific mobs. lvl 60 elites but can be soloed. decent cash as well.
It's not as rare as you'd hope. Just clearing a few giants to get to Number 2 for a guildy's Draconic For Dummies we had 2 drop, and all but one out of six alchemists in the guild already had their recipe

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
109 - 05-23-2006, 08:10
I actually got a Libram of Resilience off the Deadwood while grinding to neutral with the Timbermaw

it almost made the grind bearable

they also drop huge amounts of runecloth

kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 05-23-2006, 09:15
got a question for you guys

im lvl 31, i took alchemy/herbalism my skills are at 178/190 respectively and i want to know when i can start making money. I can 'farm' a ****load of herbs because im a druid, travel form + aquatic form = massive herbs. BUT, i dont know what to sell or how to sell it. Am I still too low for selling pots? or herbs themselves?

i need monies bad!

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 05-23-2006, 09:33
Herbs tend to sell better than pots on my server.

Rho
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 05-23-2006, 10:24
I can make 2-3x off herbs what I would make off pots, mainly only for the ones used in flasks though.

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
113 - 05-23-2006, 10:27
The prices on my current server are quite volatile, but Goldthorn is selling 7-12g/stack, Steelbloom 7-10, Grave Moss 4-15(!), Fadeleaf 4-12, Briarthorn 2-5. All of these you can gather pre-40. Arathi is great for Goldthorn and Steelbloom. If you are able to log on for 2 minutes every half hour, you can park a char at Raven Hill and gather the two grave moss spawns repeatedly.

On the other hand, on my first server, I can't ever recall Goldthorn going over 6 or Briarthorn over 2. So it varies a fair bit from server to server.

Shoddy
VeteranX
Old
114 - 05-23-2006, 10:34
For selling potions, you'd need to check your AH and see if there's a need that's not being filled. If you find a strength, agility, healing or mana potion gap, you can fill it. Free action potions sold well and profitably on my first server. Underwater breathing potions are very handy for certain quests (such as in Auberdine, Arathi, Wetlands and STV) so if you carry some with you, you can advertise when you are in those zones and sell at a good price.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 05-23-2006, 11:09
Quote:

Haha funny you should say that. my rogue and friends 60 lock went down there to finish up my tier .5 upgrade for ****s and giggles, and god damn do those things drop the cash. Stunlockable, fearable, kiteable. Drop ~16-20s per mob, and respawn rate (if you get a good cycle - I started down below, walked up and across the road, doubled back, then back into the valley) was very nice.

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 05-23-2006, 11:12
Oh and currently, I've simply ****ing banked off of glove sales and orbs from Live . Just insane. Went up 600g in about 3 days of a cpl runs per day.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
117 - 05-23-2006, 14:25
For potions, keep an eye out on the specialties that actually have mainstream demand. Things like Magic Resist (the simple one), Free Action, Stonescale oil... and always, always try to check into the transmutes.

Water to Air Transmute can be easily obtained yet few do so. Depending on your market, this can be really good daily cash.

However, you can make a small fortune selling fadeleaf, dreamfoil, swiftthistle and other critical trade items items. If you have a good Gatherer database, you can find awesome fadeleaf runs in Swamp of Sorrows, Alterac and Arathi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo
Haha funny you should say that. my rogue and friends 60 lock went down there to finish up my tier .5 upgrade for ****s and giggles, and god damn do those things drop the cash. Stunlockable, fearable, kiteable. Drop ~16-20s per mob, and respawn rate (if you get a good cycle - I started down below, walked up and across the road, doubled back, then back into the valley) was very nice.
Seriously!!!

I ****in dropped my AV dog pet last night and got a new bear replacement JUST to farm these ****ers (i may even just level a turtle for farming elites because im now addicted to farming elites). I'm setting hearth to winterspring for a while.

It's remarkably quiet out there. The few enemy faction ive seen were farmers not interested in fighting. The Giants drop 22-23s each, plus other stuff. The issue is just coming prepared to grind lvl 59-60 mobs. I also cant tell if they are just doing raw melee or if there is soem type of resistence worth getting for my pet. Ill need to check combat logs more carefully cuz i can seriously see making this a constant farm spot for a long-ass time.

These recipes sell for A LOT right now.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
118 - 05-24-2006, 21:24
Quote:

FYI - just farmed 2 of these this evening. They are selling for 200g each on DI right now and could perhaps jump up as 1.11 comes nearer.

EDIT:

i got a 3rd one a few hours later

Last edited by TseTse; 05-25-2006 at 16:58..
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
119 - 05-25-2006, 17:38
I'm turning chinese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh!
got a question for you guys

im lvl 31, i took alchemy/herbalism my skills are at 178/190 respectively and i want to know when i can start making money. I can 'farm' a ****load of herbs because im a druid, travel form + aquatic form = massive herbs. BUT, i dont know what to sell or how to sell it. Am I still too low for selling pots? or herbs themselves?

i need monies bad!
At this level, i thikn you can sell:
  • stranglekelp
  • fadeleaf
  • liferoot
  • khadgar's
  • swiftthistle

On my lvl 29 druid i often fly to wetlands and farm stranglekelp in aquatic form off the coast. You can make a good penny off those, i suspect.

If you know good fadeleaf runs, you can make a killing with it, daily. Ideally, you are higher lvl to max your runs tho.

Here are some fadeleaf runs i have posted previously... (you'll pull lots of kingsblood and other stuff on the way). I have discussed these runs here

Last edited by TseTse; 05-25-2006 at 17:43..
kesh
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 05-26-2006, 09:50
Very nice, yeah fadeleaf is what im after, goldthorn too. Kingsblood is good, but now im saturating the market with my mana pots (which were going at 4g a stack...yeah). I've started doing KB runs, but now im definetly open to fadeleaf, herbs at 205 and alch is at 198...so im doing good at lvl 32. I do need to save up for a mount tho.

Kinda off topic, does anyone know if they can get their hands on a paid power lvl'ers 'build order' meaning where they go/when they go what they kill etc.

that **** would be gold to me

Page 6 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best places to farm gold?

Social Website Bullshit