My Journey Thru Hell

Code4 said:
We'd heard reports of the shitheads shooting people in cars and taking them. So off we go , guns in laps, taking some back routes to avoid the major bottlenecks. 1 blcok out of the neighborhood we encounter a young man who seemed to appreciate my car. As he approaches waving his gun I fire a couple of shots at him. I love the shoot the car jacker law in this state. I proceed to continue down the road. a couple of blocks latter a young fool stands in the middle of the road with his gun out. I increase speed and turn this carjacker into a speed bumpI believe I just clipped his legs with my right front fender. And of we continue to Baton Rogue.

quoted for insanity

Wow

I believe it

Glad you're alive Code4

I think some people don't understand that NO was literally turned into a warzone
Shit people, there are going to be books and TV movies written about this event...and it's barely over.

That's what happens in a lawless no man's land

Code4 said:
Self defense is still legal in this state.

Your story is that it is self defense. Maybe the guy who got hit by the car says different, and maybe he or she has lots of racially sensitive pals who were there and saw the whole thing. It would be a great case for television, if it really happened.

LogRoller said:
Your story is that it is self defense. Maybe the guy who got hit by the car says different, and maybe he or she has lots of racially sensitive pals who were there and saw the whole thing. It would be a great case for television, if it really happened.

No cops around, probably no witnesses, probably happening 1000+ times a day there... There's no way it'll ever have reprecussions

SeVeReD said:
gj
What two to three weapons should a home owner have, not for robbery per se... but for civil unrest?
Shotguns are usually the best weapons for home defense. Use buck-shot.
A semi-auto handgun like any standard 1911 will be good due to the sheer number of rounds....whether or not you can hit anything, you can scare somebody pretty bad.
You could also have a hunting rifle with a scope to have a better chance with long shots....however, if you shoot somebody at long range it would be difficult to justify that your life was in immediate danger.

None of this is from my personal experience, just from what I've read.

In a situation like that, you should shoot ANYONE who looks like a threat on your way out of town if you think you are in danger. Your life > someone elses.

Honestly, I don't really care if the story is true or not. I'm just glad that code4 is safe and I hope the other tw'ers around the area is safe too.

Code4 said:
We'd heard reports of the shitheads shooting people in cars and taking them. So off we go , guns in laps, taking some back routes to avoid the major bottlenecks. 1 blcok out of the neighborhood we encounter a young man who seemed to appreciate my car. As he approaches waving his gun I fire a couple of shots at him. I love the shoot the car jacker law in this state. I proceed to continue down the road. a couple of blocks latter a young fool stands in the middle of the road with his gun out. I increase speed and turn this carjacker into a speed bumpI believe I just clipped his legs with my right front fender. And of we continue to Baton Rogue.

You say insanity, this made me :rofl:

Gorlax said:
Stupid question

Do you have to report to the cops and tell them you shot people and explain how and why? Or is it like a free for all in NO?
No the cops just asked us "to roll them to the sides" for pick up later. At the time I left no cops or national guardsmen were patrolling the streets. The law was in our own hands. The few cops we did see lived in the nieghborhood and were taking breaks from fishing people out of homes. Most if not all law efforts were focused on the eastbank of New Orleans.

C_H_A said:
Shotguns are usually the best weapons for home defense. Use buck-shot.
A semi-auto handgun like any standard 1911 will be good due to the sheer number of rounds....whether or not you can hit anything, you can scare somebody pretty bad.
You could also have a hunting rifle with a scope to have a better chance with long shots....however, if you shoot somebody at long range it would be difficult to justify that your life was in immediate danger.

None of this is from my personal experience, just from what I've read.

A standard 1911 only has a 7 round magazine.

Nice job Code4!

especially in the case that people have been carjacking like mad out there

anyone who approaches your car while holding a gun is a viable threat

JohnnyX said:
You forgot the part where you got stabbed and had to stitch yourself up

and the part where the you had to cover yourself in mud to avoid the infrared vision

holyshit I cannot stop laughing at this post
:rofl:

Code4 said:
We finally see a police car come down the street. The officers stop and ask us what we are doing with all the guns. We inform them we are protecting ours and the nieghbors homes. They state we can walk around with guns as long as they are visible. They also state "roll them to the sides and we'll pick them up later"

this is pretty indicative of how liable he would really be

Aestis said:
No cops around, probably no witnesses, probably happening 1000+ times a day there... There's no way it'll ever have reprecussions

Maybe yes, maybe no. You don't know the "facts" any better than I do. I do know this though: anyone in his right mind who had killed three people would not expose himself to any modicum of legal risk simply for the sake of appearing like a bad ass on a gaming forum. At least, unless that someone were profoundly insecure or stupid.

Back