If you need a decent ship set-up request it here.

Nice, I'll have to try that out. I'll have to shopping for a ton of crap before heading to the TW base because I doubt we'll have much stuff up there. I really like the idea of using a webber also.

You're probably right about the overdrives. If you're down to hull only in Caldari ships you might as well kiss your ass good bye anyway. You should have warped the hell away before that.

How about an Iteron spin?

I've currently got a mark III itty that Phalanx was gracious enough to donate. :heart:

I've got a cap recharger, a 10mn AB, some other lvl 2 item i can't remember, a Basic cargo expander, and an SS Modified cargo expander.

A neat trick I discovered for expanding cargo is to carry Giant Secure Containers, which hold 3900m3, but only take up 3000m3. Holding two will get you 1800m3 extra cargo capacity, and if you can cram 3 into your hold, you can get 2700m3 extra.

I think after reading the Itty loadout thread on the eve forums, it's best to either go big cargo and run from trouble, or go low cargo with shields and armor and run from trouble. Fighting back really isn't an option...

ok so I'm thinking Two Med shield extenders, med shield repairer, 3 med blasters, 2 small blasters, and heavy drones.

right now I'm trained for everything but the heavy drones

This sound kosher?

Vlasic said:
ok so I'm thinking Two Med shield extenders, med shield repairer, 3 med blasters, 2 small blasters, and heavy drones.

right now I'm trained for everything but the heavy drones

This sound kosher?
On what ship?

Eww, shield tank on a Thorax isn't a very good idea. :p:

IMO, you should stick an MWD/Web/(Scram if PVPing) in those med slots instead, with frigate-sized named Neutrons in the highs, and a nice armor tank in the lows. Then use Cap Rechargers and Capacitor Power Relays in whichever slots you have left over.

Im thinking of going with a Blackbird (EW Jammer) for my next ship? Does anyone here fly these, and are they needed in the corp?

If so, I'm looking for recomendations on loadouts, and any advice on what tactics are working best so far. If you concerned about security, just PM me or post it in the TW.inc section.

My initial thoughts on loadout are to focus on the Jammers first and then fill around that:

High
3 Launchers or Turrets depending on PG/CPU
1 NOS

Med
2 Multispectrum Jammers
2 Gravimetric Jammers
1 Magnetometric Jammer
1 Warp Inhibitor

** Also considering dropping somthing in Mids for a MWD

Low
Warp Core Stablizer?
Something Else (CPU/PG if needed)?

Last edited:
Here's what I run on my standard jamming BB:

3 x launchers 1 x NOS
3 x Remote Sensor Dampeners 1 x Sensor Booster (SBII if able) 1 x Warp Scrambler
3 x Cap Power Relay (or stick a WCS down here if needed)

For pure tackling power on a gate camp, use 2 sensor boosters 2 x 20KM Warp Jammers, and a Webber

If you're in a small op or soloing, the ECM would be more useful to protect your own ship, but you can't beat the effect damps have, as they completely screw up their locking range and time, which means if you lock first, they aren't going to be shooting anything for a while.

Damascus said:
Gimme a decent setup for a Vexor ( combat ), pls.

For NPCs / Rats / Missions:

3x 200mm Rails (10km optimal with AM, 30km with iron)
1x Small NOS
1x AB 10MN
2x Cap Recharger
2x Hardener (depending on NPC damage type)
1x Medium armor repairer
1x Cap relay

12 medium drones
1 small drone
1 large drone

I was thinking using a Armageddon over the Apoc

7 megapulse lasers, heatsinks and 2 tracking computers

oh man would that be sweet.

mabye drones for good measure

I could see it filling out tanking PvP and mining roles with just a few equipment changes

Evil Engineer said:
I could see it filling out tanking PvP and mining roles with just a few equipment changes
Geddon doesn't have the cap to tank as well as an Apoc, but it's awesome at ganking with the RoF bonus and large dronebay. It can be fitted for a decent tank, but it can't sustain dual large reps like an Apoc can. So basically it just depends on what you plan to do with it... Apoc = tank, Geddon = gank.

I like both. :p:

I have a thorax right now, I trained up and am using medium rail turrets, and I use 3 warrior drones. I have 2 100 mm armor, a basic nanofiber, I have medium shield booster, and I have a medium armor repair.

I take it I should try to get my drones up to five and train skills for closeup killing, rather than the rail turrets?
Ive trained a bunch of gunnery skills such as sharpshooter, motion perdiction, and rapid fire. I have electronics 4 and EW 3.

Im still not sure of my "path" lol, I am doing a mix of about 75% mining, and 25% other jobs, mostly npc killing and courier.

Profhet said:
I have a thorax right now, I trained up and am using medium rail turrets, and I use 3 warrior drones. I have 2 100 mm armor, a basic nanofiber, I have medium shield booster, and I have a medium armor repair.
Heh, that's not the greatest Thorax setup. Until the next patch comes, I would go for a setup like this:

5 Light Neutron Blasters (or 150mm Railguns for a bit more range, though less damage)
10mn Microwarpdrive, Warp Scrambler, Webifier
Medium armor repairer, 2 Magnetic Field Stabilizer, 1600mm plate, Capacitor Power Relay

And as many heavy drones as you can use. Train Drones to 5 ASAP and take Drone interfacing to 3.

why do I need a warp scrambler or a webifier, Im not doing any PvP or pirating in the near future, Missions will be the biggest test I face, till I can come hang out in 0.0 with u fewls.:}

Profhet said:
why do I need a warp scrambler or a webifier, Im not doing any PvP or pirating in the near future, Missions will be the biggest test I face, till I can come hang out in 0.0 with u fewls.:}
In that case, use 150mm rails and replace the scram with a cap recharger or something. You'll probably still want the web.

Profhet said:

A BB probably isn't the best choice for mission running to begin with. It's an EW platform, and NPC behavior vs. EW is sketchy.

Back