Finding pirates (NPC)

LostDuck

The Assman4
Veteran XV
Is there an easier way to find pirates then just visiting every damn asteroid belt in a system? I mean...getting sick of...

Warp to Planet IV - asteroid belt 1 = no pirates
Warp to Planet IV - asteroid belt 2 = no pirates
Warp to Planet IV - asteroid belt 3 = no pirates
Warp to Planet XII - asteroid belt 1 = no pirates
Warp to Planet XII - asteroid belt 2 = no pirates
Warp to Planet XIII - asteroid belt 1 = pirates (Wooohoo!...oh wait...that one has a bounty of 400k...screw that...Warp! Warp! Warp!)

Get the God Mode sensor range enhancers. You can scan for enemies within a 6AU radius (you can scan in other regions too if you are on a border!). It cost about 260mil to buy though, and uses 175pg / 450cpu. I might buy one tonight.

If you can afford a 260,000,000 ISK scanner than I highly doubt a 400k rat is going to be a problem.

I haven't had much luck either LD but I have found some things that help. I find systems that have rat holes in them. In the overview there symbol is kind of an arrow pointing down (more of a triangle with a line going through it). Those usually have rats routinely spawning there. Once I found one that I sat at until I ran out of ammo, killed about 30 rats in a row. If you find a good one always bookmark it (although I forgot to on the good one I found).

I've also been trying to use the scanner with mixed results. Set it to 10,000,000k and scan sectors. Sometimes I can pick stuff up and sometimes not.

If you ever want to go rat hunting just shout at me in game. Thats about all I do now. These nancy boys can mine rocks all they want but eventually they'll start getting raped and call on us poor boy space cowboys to protect they're ass's/ass/ass'/asss (how in the fuck do you spell that anyway). Hell, with a little bit of luck and some good rat holes I can pull in 4-500k an hour.

EvE- HonorableRed Rex

Edit-One tip that I came up with (but by know means is original) is to set your auto pilot as soon as you get to the rat hunting system you want. Doesen't matter where you set it to, just set it. As soon as you get into trouble you can just hit the A button and boom, outta there. It's better than nervously fumbling with 3-4 mouseclicks to save your ass.

Last edited:
You could go hunting in Otsasai. A 0.3 security system that almost always has rats in each asteroid belt (unless someone else has been there recently). They're high level though so don't bother if you only have a frigate. If you're smart though you can tackle them in a destroyer. In a cruiser is usually alright. Still be ready to run though as some of the 65-70k bounty rats will tear you a new one.

There is also a hidden pirate outpost in there which has decent level rats spawn at a reasonably fast rate (ie. kill the last rat, couple minutes later the next rat pops up).

Back