[PICS] What happens when you eat less & exercise... [epic?]

Man, that is awesome. You deserve so much respect for having the self discipline to kick your body into shape like that.

JodoFett said:
Ran 1.5 miles. rawr.
I beat you. I ran 3. I was going to anyway though ;)

Yo Diox, would you say your cravings for sweets have gone away? I know when I dropped 40 pounds a few years ago, my cravings for that shit disappeared. It was weird.

Wow, that's awesome. The idea of making stationary cycling less boring sounds like it was key for you. Excellent idea.

For non-gaming types, I wonder how effective it would be to have a Virtual Reality helmet for your stationary bike that came with a software package that had you biking with a bunch of naked hot chicks. With a little biometric feedback, the software could keep you entertained and put you in the fat loss zone by scaling chick speed to yours.

Screw GameBoy 3D, this just might be the killer app for VR. :)

This thread has inspired me to lose weight and I'm already thin as a rail. :/

Anorexia here I come! (j/k) ;)

Congrats though, takes real discipline.

DipStick said:
I beat you. I ran 3. I was going to anyway though ;)

Yo Diox, would you say your cravings for sweets have gone away? I know when I dropped 40 pounds a few years ago, my cravings for that shit disappeared. It was weird.

Yeah no joke.

Also Cranq - the key was to just not lose interest on the bike. I found watching normal TV (history channel, etc) I would slow down the pedalling when commercials came on.

I'm sure you could duplicate the effect of not lagging on the bike by staying focused with some sort of Tivo goodie or a decent dvd player with several movies queued up. I just had the best bang for the buck with the PS2 in terms of how long I felt I spent on the bike.

45 minutes can feel like three hours or 15 minutes, it all depends on what you're doing while you're on it.

- D

TF_Diox said:
Yeah no joke.

Also Cranq - the key was to just not lose interest on the bike. I found watching normal TV (history channel, etc) I would slow down the pedalling when commercials came on.

I can definitely see it. I like biking outside, but was never interested in stationary bike; there has to be something going on besides just burning calories to keep my interest.

Sounds like it really helps to maintain some level of interest/excitement. Video games works for some, for others, music is good. I saw a websurfing setup a while back, maybe whoring TW would work for others... :)

thats awesome. i went from 295 5 years ago, 275 2 years ago, around 220-230 now. i want to be at/below 200 by fall, havent figured out an exact gameplan yet.

Extermn8r said:
Holy goddamn shit, congrats. Did having 4 smaller meals help with the hunger pains?

Yeah you almost need them to avoid being hungry. What I found in my personal observations is I needed roughly 100 calories/hour to not feel hungry.

If I had my morning 300 calorie shake at 9 AM, come noon my stomach was reminding me that we had an agreement.

I found that the best thing to do was to preempt your hunger zone by about half an hour. If I didn't have an afternoon snack, then around 5 PM the 'omg eat right now' sensation was in full force with some lesser gnawing going on starting at 4.

If I had the bar at 3:30 even when I wasn't hungry yet, I knew I was going to be shortly and hence totally dodged the bullet and stayed satisfied up until dinner.

Just have to be a little proactive and keep your body fueled up enough to run but not run dry. Worst thing you can do is hit empty, lose out to your instincts, and binge on something taking in 1500 quick calories which causes you to undo at least 2-3 days work.

When you start thinking in terms of eating well to avoid doing extra time on the exercise side, it gets easier to resist.

- D

Alvarez said:
Great job man! Years ago I went from 245 to 135

110 lbs I thought was huge... but 185 lbs HOLY SHIT!

Great Job man!

dunno if it's been asked already but why the hell would you go from fat to a stick?

Back