[PICS] What happens when you eat less & exercise... [epic?]

Congrats. I spent a couple minutes scrolling up and down comparing pics trying to figure out if it was the same person or some sort of joke. Brag all you want, you've earned it. Hopefully you'll motivate others to do the same.

Some people try very hard to lose weight, and its not nearly as easy for them.

I wouldn't say it's easy by a long shot, but 99% of the people I hear bitch about their weight just think they're trying hard. Thirty seconds of cheating can negate the morning jog and them some. There isn't anything magic about losing weight. Like he said, excercise and eat less/better. The tough part is having the willpower to do it.

logmans said:
i actually had an emotional response to this thread, and i am not an emotional person. talk about a success story, with none of this atkins BS. mad props man

btw what bike did you use ?

I got this guy: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...es&vertical=FIT&pid=00628044000&subcat=Cycles

It was the somewhat cheap one as per I didn't know if I could stick with it not.

I've sheared three pedals off the thing in the time I've owned it. Same repair guy came out every time and saw me 30-40 pounds lighter each time. Dude freaked out every single time, too.

I did throw my back out in the first month of using this. By default it has a top rowing action in addition to the pedaling.

Lock the handlebars to normal bike mode if you're just getting started!

Most pain I have been in hands down in my entire life. Vicodin and valium bailed me out, though.

- D

I forgot to say that you should probably go the whole way. You lost a 180 pounds of fat, why not put on some muscle to fill the extra skin. Not only will it make you look good but also burn more calories.

Get signed in a gym and start lifting some weights... it looks like you got a good frame and I am sure you can put on muscle fairly fast since you have never done it before so your body will be shocked. If you keep your cardio at 45 minutes/day you should be able to sport a 6 pack as well considering your nutrition.

IamDrunk said:
Thirty seconds of cheating can negate the morning jog and them some.

100% pure solid gold truth. Nothing feels worse than blowing the day's progress to several brownies or something dumb you knew you shouldn't have done.

- D

Start getting jacked.

It's really easy to get too skinny after you stop exercising with vigor

I was 5'11 and about 175 when I played sports in high school

I'm 6'1 now, but I was 143 when I started college earlier this year. Started going back to the gym 5 days a week, eating 5 meals a day and drinking protein shakes 2x, and I'm up to 170 again, going for 185.

Annoying said:
I forgot to say that you should probably go the whole way. You lost a 180 pounds of fat, why not put on some muscle to fill the extra skin. Not only will it make you look good but also burn more calories.

Get signed in a gym and start lifting some weights... it looks like you got a good frame and I am sure you can put on muscle fairly fast since you have never done it before so your body will be shocked. If you keep your cardio at 45 minutes/day you should be able to sport a 6 pack as well considering your nutrition.

I've already started the research and have a great in-house resource guide for it.

http://jiff.psikan.com/jarconis/ <-- Pics of my brother who dropped 100 pounds then put on 40 in muscle.

- D

Good god Diox. It takes a determined man to be able to turn around and make such a big change in his life. I'm extremely glad to see the results turned out how you wanted them to.

You are an inspiration my friend.

Annoying said:

Buying an adjustable bench press/lats machine/squat bench all in one (not those cable things, but maybe a cage with a bench) would be a larger blow in the shortrun, but would be a better deal in the long run. He's proven he can stick with it, and that shows that it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Also, to the original poster, congrats on your fat loss. You're now an inspiration to many. You did an awesome job, and I hope you've inspired others to do the same.

Back