Oh God Please No

Raven

Veteran XV
Ok, so I found this on VN, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is true...

The gist of it is that the majority of servers have been down for the last 12 hours, the original 3 or so hours dragged on and turned into "emergency" maintenance.

At some point over this time, people have slowly been able to log in and find their characters deleted. And not just deleted, but all traces (such as guild charters) missing.

Here is one post about it, and here is another.

Right now WoW is looking like the biggest *service/customer support* flop MMOs have seen since Shadowbane. The horrible server quality is so, so bad that people are even considering returning (x2, since they need their bots) to DAoC.

Anyway, thought y'all would appreciate laughing at us former-DAoC players and current WoW junkies as the #$@^ hits the fan.
--------------------

Why dont you, instead of posing like you know *so much* about the current situation, without actually saying anything, actually share some information?

blizzard has in fact admited that people's characters are missing, they've made a post stateing to log into a still existing character and report to a GM the one that's missing

Yeah, what happened was, after the maintenance, you could create characters of the same name as other characters already in the world. As in, my main characters name is on Stormreaver (server is still down) named Cerbeh. If that server was one of the effected realms, I could create a LVL 1 character named Cerbeh, while still having my level 50 mage still there.

They took down the effected realms and popped them back up a few hours later stating they were "fixed." When the realms came back up, a whole bunch of people reported on the WoW forums that their characters have "disappeared" with no trace of them. Community Managers on the forums stated to petition a GM ingame, and they'll "see what they can do" to fix it for you. :lol: And we all know how helpful these fucking GMs are in this game...

Luckily, my character was okay. Unfortunately, one of the best warriors on our server lost his character and has yet to see if it will get returned.

our server (sargeras) is still f'ing down

they posted on the general forums if your character is missing to create another one and message a GM

heh...not looking good

daoc is where ill be in about 3.5 lvl's. This shit never happend in daoc, daoc was solid out of the box, always had a steady support team and feedback about patch's and what was soon to be fixed/added. Fuck this no pvp bullshit, possibly untill may??!!? Of course in all of this half awake rant i add "The realm frostwolf is full: you are 394 in line. Estimated Wait Time: 47 minutes" WTF IS THAT.

ResolvE said:
daoc is where ill be in about 3.5 lvl's. This shit never happend in daoc, daoc was solid out of the box, always had a steady support team and feedback about patch's and what was soon to be fixed/added. Fuck this no pvp bullshit, possibly untill may??!!? Of course in all of this half awake rant i add "The realm frostwolf is full: you are 394 in line. Estimated Wait Time: 47 minutes" WTF IS THAT.

bullshit DAoC had a far from perfect launch, you have just forgotten how shitty it was since it was years ago.

DAoC's launch was fucking horrendous. The lag was in the upper 3000's for weeks. I quit playing after about 2 weeks because that game was complete ass.

I still play DAoC once in a while with a friend of mine back home. There's hardly anyone who plays (they grouped servers together so there'd be more in RvR) and it can still be hard to put together a big enough zerg to take more than one or two keeps. Fun game, but unless you want to sit around for hours doing MLs and taking a keep every now and then it's pretty dead.

Thorm and Wubwub got their chars back.

i guess what happened is people that made new chars (same name as old char) when the servers were fucked up and it overwrote the old ones

but some people are getting their shizzle back

Back