Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

I will make one too.

It will be like T1, because it's such a cool game. Never mind that I could just fire up Tribes and play with others, I need to make one myself!

Everyone always tries to immiate either T1 or T2 style, and yet those games never succeed.

I'm going to make a game that is NOTHING like t1 and t2, with real world weapons and terrorists.

It would be like UT2k4 minus the vehicles, weapons and no jetpacks. Call it "Tribes: Special forces".

EDIT: :rolleyes:

So I d/l Planetside, connected, waited through the 5-10 minute movie then went to choose a character.

I kept getting a "playername already chosen" error message.
So I tried various playername/character combo's and still got the same message.

So I went into the planetside forum to post.
Wow that is one slowassed forum you have there. :ugh:
Unfortunately I couldn't find any FAQ's,
or any threads that dealt with my noobishness.

So I tried to respond to a current "new player" thread
which asked me to re-login:

ps_login_1-then_repeat.jpg

Ok so I re-login and ...
ps_login_2-then_repeat.jpg

then I get this ... Then return to step #1 and repeat.
ps_login_3-then_repeat.jpg

but then ...
ps_login_4-then_repeat.JPG

:ugh:

Can you help me out GreyFlcn?

Signed: NOT IMPRESSED SO FAR.

Last edited:
NeutralX2 said:
The best thing I can compare it to is that game Risk.

One of the best boardgames ever created. Anyone who has not played it, grab 3 friends and a case of beer and prepare yourself for one of the greatest 'gaming' moments you will ever have!

i played it in beta and for a couple months after release. It was pretty fun. I could care less about there not being any real goal other than shooting people. Its a FPS...what friggin goal do you want? The only thing i hated was paying for it. Maybe ill install it again and buy a 3month game card if i cant wait for BF2 to come out.

Arcanox said:
But see the problem is, when you deal with the internet and TW. You are dealing with Monopoly money.

I doubt TW will ever come close to aquiring the Tribes IP. Why? Well first of all it's an asset that is worth money. T:V's colossal failure could be linked with VUG's horrible management which took place after Sierra was aquired. Therefore it would give some incentive for other companies to purchase this.

It's a when and not if VUG will be sold off. The company is massively in debt. Their creditors will pressure them to sell off all of VUG's assets to the highest bidder. Enter companies like EA and Microsoft. They will simply buy all of Sierra and everything attached to Sierra including the Tribes IP. If you're suggesting you want to outbid those companies for ownership of the Tribes IP, good luck.

Furthermore I doubt VUG's management even wants to sell off assets on a per item basis. They would much rather deal with a more reputable company that can shell out 3x as much money for an asset on a whim.

Again, this brings us back to the question. Even under the radical circumstance that we are able to purchase a high price item like an IP, where would we get the money to see the rest of the game through the development cycle?

My suggestion is that everyone on TW take out a second mortgage on their house to get this sort of money. That sounds like a reasonable and affordable plan, right?

Talk to Marwaese about his plan to get the IP. Its worth a try.

Amadeu5- Thats one quote, and its not even from GG. I have several saying that in one way or another, they would be interested in getting their hands on the Tribes IP.

If we provided them with it, and a few other key things, I don't think they could refuse.

wait cant we buy it or something with a tribalwar fund raiser? and give it to one member who cares about the community like ZOD or something....and make him have some binding legal contract saying he cant sell it "unless" or something

we should ask them what it would take to purchase it from them then start saving and over a few years be able to buy it or something!? or some bitchen hacker can molest their cmoputer either way im happy

Back