The Official Subject Matter Experts of TribalWar.com

I wouldn't consider myself an expert on accounting, but we don't currently have one. So if someone, for some reason, would have any questions, I'd be more than willing to take a stab at it.

Credentials:
I'm a college student studying accounting.

:shrug:

justin said:
Bounty : recommend some good tragic opera for me.

I'm actually hoping someone will challenge me on my expertise for "Opera." :)

I don't really LOVE opera, but I work for a regional opera company right now, and I do have opera singers in my family.

From my experience, though, I would have to recommend "Turandot," "Madame Butterfly," "La Traviata" and "La Bohème." If you want to get risque, try Verdi's "Rigoletto."

|R|u|s|t|y| is an aspiring opera singer. Apparently a pretty good one for his age. He might be challenging you, Bounty :eek:

n3gative is a basketball expert, throw him up there. Also, MegaBoris is a broadcast expert as well (first tribes shoutcaster)

Also, wtf is nido doing as an expert on judaisim lol.

Under Fantasy/Sci-Fi, if you want to create a Wheel of Time subcategory, I'd love to be listed there

I've read the entire series 3 times in its entirety, both versions of New Spring several times, "The World of Robert Jordan" once, and I visit his website (most importantly his Question of the Week site) with disturbing regularity. If I don't know it right off the top of my head, I'm 99% sure I know exactly where to look to find the answer.

Also, perhaps put me under WWII. Plenty of books/DVDs/documentaries on WWII, spent 4 days last september in Normandy, France visiting many WWII sites (with pictures!).

I would like to nominate myself for a few things, hooah.

Politics: activism - started out by going to protests for the last few years, worked on different social forums and this year worked on a campaign for a rebel politician, and he won. Now I'm working with him and others to fight apathy and improve democracy. I'm also experimenting with the internet and how it can foster community interaction. My core influences in politics are peace and social justice issues. :heart:

Music: guitar, street style - made side cash as a busker for a while, now I play on a weekly basis in different public outlets with my accoustic + vocals. Occasionlly I'll haul out my amps and blow minds with my electric skills. Rock and roll!

I'm a year away from being certified to teach piano (it's been that way since I quit many years ago) but I'm sticking to my guitar guns these days. Music is the love of my life and my main career aspiration. :]

Video games: culture of - I've worked in the gaming industry for more than 6 years and going. I wrote articles, reviews, previews and did plenty interviews for GameSpy when I still worked for 'em. But what I'm fascinated with is how games get created and the communities that form and grow with the game. I've worked on a whole bunch of gaming related websites and helped out with different community endevours. Still do! I'm also interested in the future of video gaming and how the interactive arts will impact society. I still stay in touch with quite a few industry folks and am starting to become interested in writing about gaming again...

Construction: custom concrete - Worked as a cement shop supervisor long enough to pick up the trade of drafting, molding, pouring and finishing custom concrete architectural pieces (fireplaces, counter tops, tables, pillars, etc). I did some independant work with concrete to pay bills after I left the shop. Anyone who knows about this stuff knows it looks amazing and is crazy expensive (~ $150 a square foot). I'm happy to consult about this shit to TWers for free.

Drugs: marijuana - smoking it daily has been part of my routine for years. I dabbled in growing & dealing so I know about the economics. Most of my friends smoke and just about everyone I meet smokes. It's a very friendly culture!

The plant intertwines with my politics and music incredibly well. Getting involved in marijuana activism helped pave the way for my current political endevours. It also helped pave the way for other healing plants and psychadelics. My view of reality has shifted to a more naturalist one.

I gurantee that if you have a question about chronic, I will have the answer.

I love philosophy, but I'm no expert. I love history, but I stopped studying it and dropped out to start making it! :]

Last edited:
oh i have to provide credentials for why i know about fitness

um me and sift were both very chubby high school kids. i weighed 180, was 2 inches shorter than i am now and ranged around 20% body fat.

i now weigh 185 and have about 12% BF. i'm much stronger, healthier, and smarter about my body. unfortunately im not going to write a lengthy post about why im a tw expert. this will have to do bounty.

also id like to nominate free as tw's resident expert on jewstew.

I would only ever come to tw to maybe find the latest "thing" that is going on in the internet (i.e. a good proggy for this or that). But to come here to seek counsel of an "expert" on most all of these topics is laughable at best.

Golgac said:
I would only ever come to tw to maybe find the latest "thing" that is going on in the internet (i.e. a good proggy for this or that). But to come here to seek counsel of an "expert" on most all of these topics is laughable at best.
I don't think that's the purpose of this thread...

triple said:
venture brothers,seriously theres only what, 12 episodes so far

not too hard to be a pro on 6 hours dude

that reminds me you guys should nominate plague for anime, since he watches obscure cartoons that noone else does

obviously you're no expert on Venture Brothers or you'd know that there are 15 episodes including the pilot and the christmas special.

Back