Warlock buffs next patch.

btw regarding dreadmist..

i would say it's actually MORE important for a mage or priest to get dreadmist, especially the dreadmist robe, because in group PvP it's the mages and priests who need the good gear and the extra stamina. If a mage or priest dies due to lack of stamina, the entire group can be fucked. These are two of the most important classes and the FIRST classes targetted. Mages first, priests second. They need better gear than everyone if you want your raid to live more than 10 seconds.

Whereas if a warlock dies it's just a sidenote.

Necropile is a good option for mages/priests as well depending on the rest of their setup. Stamina is huge in PvP.. a mage with 8000 mana and 2500 hp like Blizzard intended is not going to last in group pvp. Mages need the warlock gear.

Last edited:
Forensic said:

i would say it's actually MORE important for a mage or priest to get dreadmist, especially the dreadmist robe, because in group PvP it's the mages and priests who need the good gear and the extra stamina. If a mage or priest dies due to lack of stamina, the entire group can be fucked. These are two of the most important classes and the FIRST classes targetted. Mages first, priests second. They need better gear than everyone if you want your raid to live more than 10 seconds.

Necropile is a good option for mages/priests as well depending on the rest of their setup. Stamina is huge in PvP.. a mage with 8000 mana and 2500 hp like Blizzard intended is not going to last in group pvp. Mages need the warlock gear.
So Warlocks don't deserve their own set because they suck? Thanks...

Forensic said:

Magister's Mantle, Robe, Belt, Crown, and Binding changed to include more stamina in lieu of spirit.

Forensic said:
i'm not even reading that zentse garbage

you are a flametard with nothing to say... and want to ignore what im saying cuz it's showing you are a total, complete fuckin clown (including continuing to deny that dreadmist IS warlock gear and that good guilds know this and respect this no matter wht the fuck your petty name calling regarding warlocks suggests).

why are you posting on this thread?

every experienced warlock has slammed your idiotic claims and you seem to only want a flame war (the silly dave g comment just proves the point of your immaturity and inability to care or stick to the topic)

ok... since you pretend to have something to say behind your flames, let's review... again...

Forensic said:
warlocks are turning out to be nearly useless in group pvp :\

how sad for all the tw locks

a ploy for flame war and based on no info/understanding or experience...

Forensic said:
pvp is usually about burst damage..

in group pvp the succubus/fear combo thing is basically irrelevant

ignorance

Forensic said:
stop dueling in town and get some real pvp

silly posturing

Forensic said:
Warlocks can't really kill anything, they have cheesy out-of-combat utility such as soulstones and summon. The pets are a nonfactor in large scale pvp.

But really, warlocks are a wasted slot in large scale group pvp.

ignorance.

Forensic said:
Warlocks don't really have an important role they just imitate mages

shows total misunderstanding of warlocks, not to mention a ploy for a flame war.

Forensic said:
pvp is about burst damage

group pvp is about killing the enemy and holding onto a position. that... isnt about burst damage and anybody who has fought in a lot of pvp raids KNOWS that.

Forensic said:
most of the arguments you guys are presenting are based on 1v1 pvp. I never said warlocks were useless in 1v1 pvp.

this only showed how out of touch you are with what we were all saying, since WE were all talking about group pvp and you didnt even understand that (and you repeated it several times)

Forensic said:
I think they are one of the weakest group pvp characters and don't stack at all and the majority of their skills are useless for group PvP. You said it yourself.. in group pvp you imitate a mage by spamming shadowbolt.

who said that? i sure as hell didnt and i think anybody who makes that claim about warlocks essentially hasnt a clue about how warlocks work.

5 pages in... and all you can do is back into a typical tribalwar flamewar like a the ignorant, trolling pussy you have turned out to be.

Last edited:
Forensic said:
i would say it's actually MORE important for a mage or priest to get dreadmist, especially the dreadmist robe, because in group PvP it's the mages and priests who need the good gear and the extra stamina.

what is your highest level char?

have you even seen group pvp at level 60? i SERIOUSLY doubt it at this point.

and for the record, my experience is coming from not being a "warlock fanboi" but having played in serious pvp guild and having played rogue, warlock and priest.

ZenTseTse said:
then dont make claims about things you have no experience with...

trust us, warlocks are VERY useful in PvP.

the most feared and hated horde guild on malganis is Sword of Storms and warlocks have been essential for their pvp tactics...
notice every time i made a claim i was clear to state i don't have much experience

thanks

zodie said:
notice every time i made a claim i was clear to state i don't have much experience

thanks

sorry if it was taken the wrong way, but 5-pages in it's a little tiring having non-warlocks holding so tight to their claims and strong opinions with little to back it up...

you did state you maybe hadnt seen good warlocks up front, and we all acknowledged your sincere attempt to state that (and we also tried to sincerely give examples of what happens at lvl 6o group pvp with good warlocks)

:chill:

playing horde on malganis is like easy mode x4

horde is easy enough, then you go to a server with 6:1 player ratio

i'm sure the goon squad could zerg down the alliance even if they had 100% warlocks

ZenTseTse said:
sorry if it was taken the wrong way, but 5-pages in it's a little tiring having non-warlocks holding so tight to their claims and strong opinions with little to back it up...

you did state you maybe hadnt seen good warlocks up front, and we all acknowledged your sincere attempt to state that (and we also tried to sincerely give examples of what happens at lvl 6o group pvp with good warlocks)

:chill:
yeah ok

shut up already

zodie said:
yeah ok

shut up already

excuse me? i was trying to squash beef and be nice for fuck's sake...

this is a thread about warlock buffs, patches and tactics. if you dont like it or like having people respond to your comments, maybe it's you who needs to find a new thread and topic?

my spidey-senses are telling me a few folks trolling this thread got their feelings hurt after having their shit talking thrown back in their faces.

/me looks at forensic and wonders if zodie wants to be like him

and forensic, your trolling and flame baiting has become rather pathetic. im starting to wonder what even motivates you... and might shed a tear for your soul.

you ever gonna give up and realize your only reason to post on this thread was to flame and be a troll... and your only reason to keep posting on this thread is to flame and be a trolll? grow up

Last edited:
i came in here to read about warlocks and all i see now are long annoying rambling replies by yourself, much like the one that's right above this.

so like i said

shut up already

FalseMyrmidon said:
So Warlocks don't deserve their own set because they suck? Thanks...

Who cares if Blizzard calls it "warlock gear"

Do what is effective and will make your team win instead of loot whoring maybe?

Everything I said in this thread is 100% true and I stand by it. Dismiss it as trolling, whatever. It's mostly fact and the TW players who don't suck know it.

I always figured TW would be above WoW-general-forum stupidity level when it came to discussing gaming.. BLOOPS

I'm just waiting for ZenTseTse or Pagy to say Paladins are overpowered in PvP. As if Paladins are any kind of threat at all. Bnet has invaded TW.

ZenTseTse said:
lol
the most feared and hated horde guild on malganis is Sword of Storms and warlocks have been essential for their pvp tactics...

What? Sorry, Goonsquad is by far the most hated, and probably the most feared simply because of their zerg.

ZenTseTse said:
have you even seen group pvp at level 60? i SERIOUSLY doubt it at this point.

and for the record, my experience is coming from not being a "warlock fanboi" but having played in serious pvp guild and having played rogue, warlock and priest.

:lol:

Shit, we're still doing Van Cleef

well hot damn forensic, good thing i'm not playing a warlock at the moment, otherwise i'd be forced to delete him and roll a fire mage.

nothing's perfect. if a class has to spend ten seconds setting up to nuke like a fire mage, then that's the price they have to pay to nuke similarly to one of the best single-target builds in the game.

i will say, though, that a lock can keep nuking long after the fire mage has burned through his mana (omg evocate 10 minutes omg) with life tap and a priest dropping a renew on him every once in a while.

just curious, have you actually seen a 30/21 warlock in action, in the same group as a fire mage?

I haven't seen one first person, no. I have played with a bunch of crappy warlocks though :>

Remember you have to reapply 10 corruptions every 18 seconds when they all run out, so for every 18 seconds of damage you have 10 seconds of no-damage where you have to cast 10 spells on 10 different people. This isn't exactly the most convienient or reliable plan.

So anyway

If you have nightfall proccing on 10 people and corruption ticks once every 3 seconds that's a 30% chance of an instant cast every 3 seconds so 10% per second which, when it happens, will add 481 dps to your dps. Shadowbolt is 240dps + 10% of 481 means with the 10 dots on everyone you are only gaining 48dps on average. **

So with 10 seconds of setup you can do 289dps for 18 seconds. If you include those initial 10 seconds of setup in the dps calculation this means you're actually doing 185dps for 28 seconds. My warrior can beat that.

BUT, your corruptions are ticking away as you cast them on the next people. So cast 1 corruption, that starts your 18 second counter. By the time you finish casting corruptions you only have 8 seconds left on the first one. So you get 8 seconds of +48dps, then 1 second of +43, then +39, +34, +29, +24, +19, +14, +9, +4 and then 0.

My above calculation of 185 dps for the whole cycle was high then. It's actually 176dps.

It's kind of funny, it's almost like reversed burst damage. Just like Curse of Doom, instead of frontloading damage warlocks backload damage. Do nothing for a minute, then do 3200 damage. You know what that comes out to? 53 dps. :p

This doesn't include innate crits or CoS of course since those affect everyone's damage not just the warlock.

You also can't take improved shadowbolt into much consideration because a focus fired target will usually die very quickly and you'll need to switch targets. You'll probably only get 1 bolt off per target if you're playing with a good team since it's such a slow cast.

If you JUST spam shadowbolts without your 10 second complicated setup, you'll actually do more DPS than using your setup. 240dps compared to 176. The benefit from 10 nightfalls doesn't outweigh the loss in DPS due to a 10 second setup time for only 8 seconds of 43dps increase.

Sounds like the corruption/nightfall plan is really just to get some big numbers instead of being effective.

Correct me if I missed anything.

** This is actually not quite right, it's neglecting a few cutoffs on the sides since each corruption is going to be staggered. But it's an alright approximation anyway.

Last edited:
forensic is just trolling, leave him be

it's obvious he has no idea what he's talking about, so why fuel him by responding to his childish and retarded posts

Back