Starcraft: Broodwar mod for WC3

Warrlord

Veteran X
okay, i was lookinng around on some game sites, and i came across THIS mod, 3 years in the making, for Warcraft3 Frozen throne. then, browsing another site while checking up on Starsiege 2845 i came across THIS nice little page. now i actually have a reason to buy WC3, as you need it and the frozen throne expansion, along with SC and BW, which i have several copies of (dont we all?)

thats one thing they are working on right now. i was reading that they were hoping to fix the problem, and "possibly" see about having a slightly higher unit cap if latency issues arent a problem. besides, even if there is a problem for online, if they recruit a campaign team like they plan to, then we would have ultimate SC. my only hope is that once they are done with this they make another mod that makes SC2 as well. now THAT would be truely awesome. just imagine, 5 races (terran, protoss, zerg, Zel'Naga, Protoss/Zerg Hybrids (secret BW mission for those of you who suck at teh game), duking it out against each other, in 3D, online. now that would be one hell of a booster for Blizzard.

Dangerdoggie said:
Three years in the making and all they have for download is a desktop wallpaper :lol:
technically thats a good thing. unabundance of freewarez on their site can mean they are just to busy working on the project to show us whats up. has happend before, i seen some great mods that didnt show anything at all untill beta, they rocked in their own respect

And what's really funny is I don't like WC3 at all but the Battlechest was 39.99 and I wanted to catch up on the history behind WoW so i bought it. And now justification for my purchase is here in this thread :bigthumb:

3 years with nothing to show seems....excessive.

even the team members would want something released in that time frame, just to prove to others that they were accomplishing something.

for me, it seems like that is bad news for the mod although i would absolutely love for this to happen.

Predators Rage said:
And what's really funny is I don't like WC3 at all but the Battlechest was 39.99 and I wanted to catch up on the history behind WoW so i bought it. And now justification for my purchase is here in this thread :bigthumb:

...just to catch up on the story...

Warrlord said:
okay, i was lookinng around on some game sites, and i came across THIS mod, 3 years in the making, for Warcraft3 Frozen throne. then, browsing another site while checking up on Starsiege 2845 i came across THIS nice little page. now i actually have a reason to buy WC3, as you need it and the frozen throne expansion, along with SC and BW, which i have several copies of (dont we all?)

It says they are "80% done" andthey are looking for an model animator. Looks like it's gonna be another couple of years in the making :lol:

ScreenShot2.jpg

FYI, the proportions aren't exacty correct. It takes alot of tweaking to get it just right, and we arn't quite there yet. Yes, some colors are off too. Good god, it's not Starcraft! It's a totally different game.... Later we will be able to go back and tweak the colors and sizes appropriately.

:shrug:

http://revolution.wc3campaigns.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3898

Last edited:
IMO, they should have adapted the buildings/units so they looked 3d instead of the old starcraft 2d style

Back