Number of maps in final game?

Razer

Contributor
I thought I read somewhere that T:V would have like 15-20 multiplayer maps for the final version?

Fileplanet said:
This is the multi-player version demo of Tribes: Vengeance, it contains four maps and offers five different gameplay types. The final version of Tribes:Vengeance will ship with 11 multi-player maps, but will offer infinite variety with the availability of easy-to-use modification tools which will be released when the game ships.

Did fileplanet get their info wrong? Or was the final number of multiplayer maps scaled down?

I didn't quote something Irrational said; I quoted something on Fileplanet. Sure, it's probably from Irrational, but it could also be a mistake somewhere along the line (from VU marketing to someone at Fileplanet.) Thus the question.

man, thats actually kinda small. how many T1 maps came out with the game? CTF only. probably alot less now that i think of it :|

Ur wrong there Yogi. 11 was never the number. It was always 15. I even have a PM straight from KP: Unless if something changed since merely 6 dayz ago...

KineticPoet
Irrational Games³
- 09-23-2004, 08:28 AM

Hey there...retail has 15 maps total. The city map looks a bit different than before but is otherwise pretty much the same. Spiridian is a bit different but that central structure is still huge! Lots of good grappling opportunities on it. Hope that helps,
KP

Note: 4 maps in demo + 11 additional maps = 15 maps total

Can you guess where the "11" number comes from? :)

Writer said:
Note: 4 maps in demo + 11 additional maps = 15 maps total

Can you guess where the "11" number comes from? :)

I didn't see anywhere saying "the number of maps on the retail does not include the demo maps".

Back