So what's next?

Menzo

Not Sierra Anymore
Now that we've launched the multi-player beta, what's next for Tribes: Vengeance?

- We have a single-player demo that will be launching some time in September. I'm not going to get more specific than a month right now.
- The team is feverishly working to finish the game. There are a lot of people not getting much sleep in Canberra right now - I'm sure they can use all the support/thanks/kudos/bug reports/beer you can send their way
- We're currently planning to have the game at the World Cyber Games Championships from October 7-10 in San Francisco. It should be a cool event. We'll likely use the multiplayer beta in a tournament and give out some pretty cool prizes (high-end CPUs and videocards). Expect Tribes: Vengeance-related VIPs to be on hand to sign posters and other Tribes paraphanelia. Word on the street is that we'll be making a limited edition T-shirt to give away that should be pretty cool.
- Tribes: Vengeance will ship in early October worldwide

It's been a long road, but a great one. Shipping a game like this on time is a HUGE accomplishment, and one that shouldn't be overlooked.

Did you get the in game music working yet?

just curious, some people said they can get it to work by executing it from the console or something.

Menzo said:
I'm sure they can use all the support/thanks/kudos/bug reports/beer you can send their way

Would this be Folgers beer by any chance?

Menzo said:
Expect Tribes: Vengeance-related VIPs to be on hand to sign posters and other Tribes paraphanelia.

LOL check it out I got my t-shirt signed by THRAX!!!

Holy shazbot. Early October release? Isn't that ahead of schedule?

I didn't think that EVER happened in the software industry.

Shoutout to Menzo, Thrax, IrritAnt, KP, Ed, Mr Fish, Experimental.. you guys absolutely rock!!!

Special Thanks to Sierra, Vivendi and the Tribes Community new Holy Grail, Irrational Games!!!!

Everyone who made T:V possible, you guys are absolutely incredible, I wish you all the best of luck and hope Tribes gives back to you what you put into it.

:heart:

man, my homework will suffer, but in the name of tribal ownage. and if Thrax, Irritant, KP all of them are there, i am buying tickets as soon as possible.

Menzo said:
- We're currently planning to have the game at the World Cyber Games Championships from October 7-10 in San Francisco. It should be a cool event. We'll likely use the multiplayer beta in a tournament and give out some pretty cool prizes (high-end CPUs and videocards)
So all of these quakers and cs players will actually end up winning the tourney, since thats the cream of the crop at WCG, bah, so stupid.

Back