[sweet politics] i was wrong on iraq, and wrong on john kerry - bush

Pachacutec

Veteran X
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...7/ap_on_el_pr/bush_interview&cid=694&ncid=716

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) said for the first time on Thursday he made a "miscalculation of what the conditions would be" after U.S. troops went to Iraq (news - web sites), The New York Times reported. The insurgency, he maintained, was the unintended result of a "swift victory" that led to Iraqi troops disappearing into the cities and mounting a rebellion.

Bush also told the newspaper he did not believe his Democratic opponent had lied about his time in Vietnam. The group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has aired advertisements challenging John Kerry (news - web sites)'s account of his service, and claiming Kerry lied about circumstances surrounding his war medals. Kerry has accused Bush of using the group as a front to run a smear campaign.

"I think Senator Kerry should be proud of his record," Bush said. "No, I don't think he lied."

oops? lol.

well seeing how then you can predict the future can you tell me the winning numbers for this weekend?

Cool, it only took him 2 years to realize what the rest of the world already knew. I think the pretzel caused more serious brain damage than we have been told.

Man the democrates are running such a piss poor election. Bush may be a dumb ass, but it seems he is running circles around Kerry's campaign.

yeah. fucking kerry really is retarded. if we'd had edwards or gen. clark up front, we'd have fucking owned bush.

who the fuck votes for kerry in the primaries? fucking consipiracy.

Tribalbob said:
yeah. fucking kerry really is retarded. if we'd had edwards or gen. clark up front, we'd have fucking owned bush.

Agreed, and I'm glad Bush made these statements. It's about fucking time.

Bush still maintains that going into Iraq was the right thing to do, he's just saying things didn't come out exactly as he expected. That's breaking news right there.

And the President never said anything other than Kerry's service was honorable and he should be proud of it... so I fail to see how he was "wrong on John Kerry."

noyeti said:
Cool, it only took him 2 years to realize what the rest of the world already knew. I think the pretzel caused more serious brain damage than we have been told.

Yes because its always good for the President of the most powerfull nation into the world to admit he or his administration fucked up. Thats a good way to undermine your authority along with weaken the strength of the Presidency.

I don't give a shit that he admits to it, I want to know what he plans to do to fix it.

Tribalbob said:

I prolly would have voted for Clark, but now I am leaning towards Bush.

respect for bush ++
smart campaigning like this is gunna win bush the election. all the dems had to do was put up someone who wasnt an empty shirt and they had it in the bag, and they couldnt do it. pretty pathetic

logmans said:
respect for bush ++
smart campaigning like this is gunna win bush the election. all the dems had to do was put up someone who wasnt an empty shirt and they had it in the bag, and they couldnt do it. pretty pathetic

Agree 100%. The Dems are getting owned.

Back