If bush wins abortion will be illegal

Wish Bear

Veteran XV
one of the supreme court justices wanted to retire last year but said in a press conference that they would wait till after the election, because if they left now bush would appoint a judge that would change the vote and overturn row -vs- wade....

if bush wins again "the right to choose" will become illegal....

i'm prolife and prochoice.....you can be both....

coffee table over bush in 04

M-10K.jpg

couple that with bush stopping funding to groups that promote protection alongside abstinance......and only supporting PURE abstinance

wait so some of you guys are saying that it is not one of Bush's stated goals to over-turn Roe v. Wade?

AND that you object to my inference that under Bush the right to privacy has been attacked?

The terrorists don't hate us for our freedom, they hate us for our money.

Gallium

Fancy Cat said:
there is no way he could make abortion illegal

But what if he DID!/!?!?1/1/1!!!oneone!!1

Instead of keeping my dignity when I got a girl pregnant, I'd have to pull a mexican and run away :(

Wish Bear said:
couple that with bush stopping funding to groups that promote protection alongside abstinance......and only supporting PURE abstinance
He didn't do that. It was the OMISSION of abstinence ENTIRELY that rankled the right.

I recall it being two justices, both of whom were appointed by conservatives but did not want to retire under Bush. But I just saw it on TV and I don't recall the details.

We should definitely decide the president of our nation based primarily upon whether or not he supports a woman's right to abort a fetus.

Who cares if the Taliban takes over and unfaithful women are stoned to death, or people in favor of genital mutilation take over just so long as the number 1 most important fundamental right that a human being has (the right to abort a fetus) is not threatened. :rolleyes:

This is alarmist bullshit.

Have fun raising your blood pressure dude.

Gort you are either:

a) a prol-lifer and/or republican who wants abortion illegal

or

b) a misinformed fool.

Justices are retiring this term unless they feel extremely moved to stay on until a president emerges who they approve of replacing them with an appropriate new justice.

If Bush decides who replaces the pro-choice judges, then roe v wade is dead.
If Kerry decides who replaces the pro-choice judges, then roe v wade is not dead.

Gallium

Back