FFXI players?

FFXI pisses me off. they deleted my playonline account because I cancled for more than 3 months, then they tell me I if I want to play again I have to buy the entire product over again, bitchez

I still play, servers still seem plenty populated to me, however the expansion looks like nothing more than an area update, which is gonna suck unless they add a few new jobs/raise level cap/something interesting. Still a very fun game though.

[LAPD]Cheetah said:
FFXI pisses me off. they deleted my playonline account because I cancled for more than 3 months, then they tell me I if I want to play again I have to buy the entire product over again, bitchez

holy fuck!? lol, i feel sorry for the kid i sold my copy to.

I literally fell asleep in an active group twice during FFXI. The combat in the game bores me to death.

The servers are still pretty populated, but I would suggest you buy anything, ANYTHING other than FFXI, the entire game is one huge grind. You just sitting in the corner pulling one mob at a time, taking 5min to kill it, then waiting for the next pull. After level 10 that's the entire game, that, nothing else, just that. The enemy's change, the locations change, but you'll still be sitting there, pulling and killing one unit at a time, forever.

Hell, compared to FFXI Lineage2 is chock full of action and adventure! At least in lineage the spells didn't look like ass, you weren't guided through seperate areas by cliffs all over the place, you could actually go in the water and *gasp* you actually moved around when fighting (though I wouldn't suggest lineage 2 either, it's grind is almost as bad as FFXI's).

[LAPD]Cheetah said:
FFXI pisses me off. they deleted my playonline account because I cancled for more than 3 months.

This happened to my friend and I as well... we're calling their customer support department Monday, and if the don't reactivate for us, then it will probably be the last square-enix product I ever buy. There is no excuse for turning away customers who have already given you money, and are basically saying they want to pay you more if you will just please give me 30 seconds of personal attention and quality service.

This is a disturbing customer support "feature" that I will be praying tonight for to never catch on. I can see the recording art companies drooling over the idea of making somebody RE-PURCHASE a CD they don't listen to for three months... seriously... what the fuck.

FF games in general are starting to suck lately... i see too much corporate bs behind the ff8 and beyond.

i still play it all the time. my server pop is around 3800-4000 during NA hours, and around 4200-4300 once the Japs wake up.

the grind doesn't actually get harsh until around level 60. most low level parties suffer from having people that are new to the game playing, not knowing what to pull, or how to do their job, making the grind seem a bit harsher than it is. this, plus all the low level retarded parties around you can make grinding suck pretty bad.

after rank 5, the mission based story line actually gets good. post 55ish your characters are opened up to a tiny bit more than just grinding out xp. there are quite a few bcnm (or instanced) fights to partake in, HNM raids (not sure what they're called in other more standard MMOs, just the mobs that have day to week long spawn timers with possibility of dropping big loot), and just lots of different areas in general to run to and explore (and in most cases lose that xp you just grinded out).

my only real complaints with the game are the fact that enemy models are reused so often, and there are quite a few crybaby Jap and NA players in the game (or my server at least). they don't seem to take jokes as well as my fellow tribesplayers. :x

i know someone that's addicted, so you'll see at least one person online. it's a girl too, and shes hot.

Back