.dts model help

EasyTarget

Veteran X
search wasn't working...

I just downloaded the 3dsmax trial software and wanted to check out/edit some tribes one models... Is there a plugin or something that I need in order to open .dts files? Any help/info is appreciated ;p

no its not, and you cannot view/edit .dts files with anything other then tribes or the model viewer that was made by dynamix

basically its a one way conversion

I don't think dynamix released it. Sierra did a good job of not releasing anything that could help the community in anyway. Your stuck looking for the old version of 3D Studio Max.

ps did anyone ever finsih those damn armour models of the flying robot dudes :\
or atleast release what WAS completed

most of the files used to be hosted on tribesplayers.com, since that no longer exists, its basically down to whoever nabbed em and saved em(same deal with custom buildings, which i used to dabble in as well)

ill ul the dts viewer once i get my computer up and running again(just reformatted so windows could actually see my 250gb hard drive, so things are a lil up in the air)

as for the player models, i got sick and tired of playing lt, so lost most of my interest in tribes, but i decided to start doing something again, and i almost have one in tribes(see sig) just a uvw thing to finish up on and animations and its done

the only thing the dts viewer is good for is viewing and merging a player model in dts format with the animations :p

KOS said:
no its not, and you cannot view/edit .dts files with anything other then tribes or the model viewer that was made by dynamix

basically its a one way conversion

From my understanding, there was only a way to view them with a 3dmax plugin. I dont think you have to use the 2.5 version myself, but could be wrong on that. There was an external viewer, but no way to edit the acctual models from what ive read. U can create them and export them with the 3dmax plugin tho ;).

i havent heard of a way to view them in 3ds max, but i know about the model viewer, and all you can do with that is view em, its not really good for editing :p

and the plugins were written for 2.5, so you cant use anything else unfortunately :(

Well Garage games sells torque and has DTS exporter from max 4-7 ,I THOUGHT i saw somewhere that it was backwards compatible with tribes 1, but for some reason everytime i try to use makeskin it doesnt work, i dont think it works with windows xp for some reason and since i cant get a skin working i cant see if a model will load into tribes 1.

Back