141 - 06-01-2004, 20:34
=(ir)= Vengeance - 66.235.201.61:28000

Beta 3 Installed.

Sponsored Links
Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
142 - 06-01-2004, 20:44
KillerONE, the server is messed up. Nobody can join the game, we're locked in observer. If I do join a team, it simply displays something like "You joined the Inferno team", and nothing else occurs.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
143 - 06-01-2004, 20:44
Thank you ZOD - er Captain America .

We need a pickup to try this out. 2-4 maps maybe.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-01-2004 at 22:36..
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
144 - 06-01-2004, 20:59
Hmm.. I'll check it out..

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
145 - 06-01-2004, 22:01
Actually, I just tested it out and it looks like a problem with this version of the mod (I did the DSO delete and all)

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
146 - 06-01-2004, 22:14
My bad, fixed re-download

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
147 - 06-02-2004, 00:31
A few notes:

1) You can shoot yourself by mounting turrets.
2) Having Repair pack and Repair turret and I couldnt deploy the turret.
3) Chain barrel probably should heat more slowly.
4) Speed pack doesnt seem to have much (relative) effect on chain, or disc.
5) You may need one more repair turret (3). They are great to park vehicles on for a quick repair. (Shrikes etc. You dont need to get out).
6) Burner penetrates walls and ceilings. (It is continuous flame. Perhaps that's ok).
7) Reinstate missle barrel (Assuming T:V has one).
8) Plagerize ( ) Plasmatics pod guidance code.
9) Buckler seems sensible in function.
10) I'm not sure some things should occupy weapon slots. Hook, blade and buckler for example. (Blade doesnt)
11) Speed isnt as apparent in movement as it is in rate of fire for certain weapons. (Mother of God the mortar, nades and burner I like it ).
12) Couldnt seem to get the buckler from a pinv. Although that may be a problem with populating the inventory slot dropdowns (combo's)
13) With speed pack engaged, weapon switch using next weapon seems to be disabled.
14) You may want to reduce falling damage given the higher speeds. Or you might consider that something that differentiates experienced players from inexperienced players.
15) Related to #2, repair pack seems dead at times. But if dropped and picked up again seems to work sometimes.
16) I'm not sure missles in the shrike works. Pods would be better for ground attack. If you use missles, they should instantly lock but the rate of fire should be very very low.
17) You should get someone like Val (He can use some modelers) to make you some new models. (Weapons etc).

KillerONE did the valet parking. http://gate.chms.net/files/screen3.png

How are you going to take out the gunship?
Except for capper's, what good are shrikes? (With missles - "I couldnt hit anything with them", says ZProtoss)

I bet I forgot something. I will reedit this post over the evening.

Lots of fun. We need PU's to test this. Maybe you could take a last look at vehicles and then we could pickup.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 02:18..
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
148 - 06-02-2004, 09:29
That MPB was funny.. It actually stayed like that until I got in it and tried to drive away.

1. The first time you select a loadout from the Inventory menu, then go to the "Deployable" slot, you don't see any of the barrell's. You have to have something selected (like a mine) and then it'll populate.

2. Missle launcher needs more power. I'd say, if all 6 hit, it's the power of 1 missle? Or maybe even 3 is the power of 1. It's pretty hard to be effective, even if you hit all 6 missles.

3. Sentry turrets don't work, not sure if that was intended or not.

4. On multiple occasions, not sure if it was after changing turret barrels I could not get the turret to work. They would simply stop working. (Might have something to do with the Chain barrel.)

5. Catapults seem inconsistent to me. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

6. Grappler, is a wee bit too powerful at this point.. hope Amadeus can come up with something. In the mean time, maybe reduce reel-in strength or something.

7. The full health thing when you step on a base Inv is overpowered, exploit to the max.

I really should write these things down as I play.. A day later, I know I forgot a bunch of stuff. Good playing with ya Jim!!

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 06-02-2004, 10:05
Killer, while I experiment (read: struggle) with the new grappler, you can weaken the reel in power of the one on your server by setting $TractorPower to something lower than the default 5.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
150 - 06-02-2004, 10:16
Give me a value, I'll set it to that.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 06-02-2004, 10:23
Well, I'd try 3 if I were you... 0 should turn off reeling in completely (something we don't want to happen ), 3 seems just fine seeing its power at 5. Anyway, mess around with it all you want, it doesn't affect anything else.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
152 - 06-02-2004, 10:25
Okey Doke!

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
153 - 06-02-2004, 12:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
A few notes:

1) You can shoot yourself by mounting turrets.
2) Having Repair pack and Repair turret and I couldnt deploy the turret.
3) Chain barrel probably should heat more slowly.
4) Speed pack doesnt seem to have much (relative) effect on chain, or disc.
5) You may need one more repair turret (3). They are great to park vehicles on for a quick repair. (Shrikes etc. You dont need to get out).
6) Burner penetrates walls and ceilings. (It is continuous flame. Perhaps that's ok).
7) Reinstate missle barrel (Assuming T:V has one).
8) Plagerize ( ) Plasmatics pod guidance code.
9) Buckler seems sensible in function.
10) I'm not sure some things should occupy weapon slots. Hook, blade and buckler for example. (Blade doesnt)
11) Speed isnt as apparent in movement as it is in rate of fire for certain weapons. (Mother of God the mortar, nades and burner I like it ).
12) Couldnt seem to get the buckler from a pinv. Although that may be a problem with populating the inventory slot dropdowns (combo's)
13) With speed pack engaged, weapon switch using next weapon seems to be disabled.
14) You may want to reduce falling damage given the higher speeds. Or you might consider that something that differentiates experienced players from inexperienced players.
15) Related to #2, repair pack seems dead at times. But if dropped and picked up again seems to work sometimes.
16) I'm not sure missles in the shrike works. Pods would be better for ground attack. If you use missles, they should instantly lock but the rate of fire should be very very low.
17) You should get someone like Val (He can use some modelers) to make you some new models. (Weapons etc).

KillerONE did the valet parking. http://gate.chms.net/files/screen3.png

How are you going to take out the gunship?
Except for capper's, what good are shrikes? (With missles - "I couldnt hit anything with them", says ZProtoss)

I bet I forgot something. I will reedit this post over the evening.

Lots of fun. We need PU's to test this. Maybe you could take a last look at vehicles and then we could pickup.
1) This will especially happen if your in a heavy. Nothing I can do about it.
2) I can't duplicate this.
3) It doesn't heat at all, do you mean use less energy so it can fire longer?
4) It's about as tweaked as it can get.
5) Count scales with # of players like other turrets,
6) It uses an area of affect, it is a sphere, so yes through walls and other things.
7) T:V doesn't have one.
8) His code isn't open and it's T1 so it won't translate over anyway.
9) Is difficult, am still working on it.
10) They do take up a slot in T:V
11) Yes it is hard to notice the second boost in footspeed but I can definatly notice the first.
12) I'll look into it.
13) Maybe lag issue? I can't duplicate problem.
14) It is pretty low, much less then base T2. For sure a skilled player can deal with it easily unless they ****up in which case penalty
15) I have noticed this and have no idea why
16) Think rockets in T1 scout.
17) Anyone is welcome to contribute

If you read the reviews/comments about the fighter in T:V, it is pretty much worthless except for travel and taking out cappers etc. Not an air combat vehicle. But I will look into making the missiles lock.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
154 - 06-02-2004, 12:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerONE
That MPB was funny.. It actually stayed like that until I got in it and tried to drive away.

1. The first time you select a loadout from the Inventory menu, then go to the "Deployable" slot, you don't see any of the barrell's. You have to have something selected (like a mine) and then it'll populate.

2. Missle launcher needs more power. I'd say, if all 6 hit, it's the power of 1 missle? Or maybe even 3 is the power of 1. It's pretty hard to be effective, even if you hit all 6 missles.

3. Sentry turrets don't work, not sure if that was intended or not.

4. On multiple occasions, not sure if it was after changing turret barrels I could not get the turret to work. They would simply stop working. (Might have something to do with the Chain barrel.)

5. Catapults seem inconsistent to me. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

6. Grappler, is a wee bit too powerful at this point.. hope Amadeus can come up with something. In the mean time, maybe reduce reel-in strength or something.

7. The full health thing when you step on a base Inv is overpowered, exploit to the max.

I really should write these things down as I play.. A day later, I know I forgot a bunch of stuff. Good playing with ya Jim!!
1) All mods suffer from this.
2) Agreed.
3) I am going to remove them, but for now I just disable them.
4) There is a wait period for mounting the turrets.
5) You have to hit them "just right".
6) Ja.
7) Well since the inv supplies you in a half second, it's that or none or a tiny bit.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
155 - 06-02-2004, 12:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
4) There is a wait period for mounting the turrets.
This was well after the wait period.. I was aiming around for atleast 30 sec to a min without anything happening.

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
156 - 06-02-2004, 13:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD
1) This will especially happen if your in a heavy. Nothing I can do about it.
2) I can't duplicate this.
3) It doesn't heat at all, do you mean use less energy so it can fire longer?
4) It's about as tweaked as it can get.
5) Count scales with # of players like other turrets,
6) It uses an area of affect, it is a sphere, so yes through walls and other things.
7) T:V doesn't have one.
8) His code isn't open and it's T1 so it won't translate over anyway.
9) Is difficult, am still working on it.
10) They do take up a slot in T:V
11) Yes it is hard to notice the second boost in footspeed but I can definatly notice the first.
12) I'll look into it.
13) Maybe lag issue? I can't duplicate problem.
14) It is pretty low, much less then base T2. For sure a skilled player can deal with it easily unless they ****up in which case penalty
15) I have noticed this and have no idea why
16) Think rockets in T1 scout.
17) Anyone is welcome to contribute

If you read the reviews/comments about the fighter in T:V, it is pretty much worthless except for travel and taking out cappers etc. Not an air combat vehicle. But I will look into making the missiles lock.
2) I will try it again. I hate bugs like this. It was strange. I had been using the pack when I realized it would just make more sense to 'deploy' a turret. I got it and couldnt deploy it. I'll keep an eye on it.
3) My assumption. I assumed the firing characteristics were based on heat like the personal chain. If you 'overuse' the chain turret, it becomes useless. We actually had one on Titan last night that wouldnt function at all. Short, say 2 second bursts, and it's good to go all night. (Edit - Is it possible that there is code that is common to both the turret and the player weapon?)
8) That was a joke (you knew that). I had talked to Plasmatic and suggested he 'port' his pod guidance code to your mod. He didnt seem unreceptive. I had hoped he had contacted you.

As a programmer, it 'feels' like there are 'generic' bugs that are inducing anomalous behaviors in unexpected areas. That's typical and will go away just as mysteriously as they appeared as the mod matures.

Last edited by JimBodkins; 06-02-2004 at 13:40..
ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
157 - 06-02-2004, 13:33
errr? I haven't pubbed on or played T2 in months. Whoever you saw wasn't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBodkins
(With missles - "I couldnt hit anything with them", says ZProtoss)

JimBodkins
VeteranX
Old
158 - 06-02-2004, 13:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZProtoss
errr? I haven't pubbed on or played T2 in months. Whoever you saw wasn't me.
... get your Snipe sack ready ZP.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 06-02-2004, 15:17
:o

I just managed to make a seemingly bug-free version of the new method with half the number of lines... moral of the story is merging all 3 dimensions in the calculation is your friend.

The only thing I should figure out now is how to compensate gravity without messing up the whole thing.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
160 - 06-02-2004, 15:44
We're waiting!!

Page 8 of 32

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [T2] Vengeance mod

Social Website Bullshit