News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

I'm not so sure about this, still looks like a ton of work need to be done.

The falling doesnt look like falling, it looks like they're floating down with a parachute.

It looks too easy to fly around, and we all know that a game is made good by mastering a difficult task. It's been said a million times and i dont care.

Starwind said:
Thank GOD your opinion doesnt count.

Look, its a t2 newbie who thinks you should always know where the flag is to take away from gameplay, skill, and tactics. How cute. I just want to squeeze him. To death. Literally.

Kendo said:
I'm not so sure about this, still looks like a ton of work need to be done.

The falling doesnt look like falling, it looks like they're floating down with a parachute.

It looks too easy to fly around, and we all know that a game is made good by mastering a difficult task. It's been said a million times and i dont care.

the flying thing bothers me a bit too. it looks like you can change direction so suddenly and so frequently, that hitting anyone in the air is damn near impossible. :shrug:

Good video. The discs are far too slow and the flag icon is ludicrous.

That said, I'll save my outrage for beta if they haven't changed those things by then.

I really like the grappling hook. It's cool how it doesn't actually pull you towards you crosshair (or it does, very slowly) but just changes your trajectory. Ultimate skiing tool.

Wow that was incredibly slow paced... I hope movement, weapon projectile speeds are sped up allot before the game goes beta...

Also.. Would it hurt if the bodies went freaking flying when hit directly with weapons? That always make me smile.. :)

God I hope you can turn off the animations for the guns. Maybe I'm just insane, but I cannot get over the horrible spinfuser reload animation. Wait, it's not really "horrible", it's just annoying having to see a hand pop up to reload it after every shot. It's like playing some realistic shooter and watching your character load a shell into your shotgun after every shot. It's pointless, and only helps to take up even more of your screen.

ughhh :/

i'm so excited about this game, but is it me or did that jetting remind everyone way too much of the soupy/floaty low gravity t2 base?

i will reserver final opinion upon purchase and trial, but that vid made me kinda nervous.

GRAPPLE LOOKS FUN THOUGH!!!1!#!% :)

Nicodemus said:
Look, its a t2 newbie who thinks you should always know where the flag is to take away from gameplay, skill, and tactics. How cute. I just want to squeeze him. To death. Literally.

Is that all you can come up with?

Last edited:
After watching the vid it seems to be that none of the trails or jetpack flames have any depth to them. They look like colored straight lines.

Curious_George said:
God I hope you can turn off the animations for the guns. Maybe I'm just insane, but I cannot get over the horrible spinfuser reload animation. Wait, it's not really "horrible", it's just annoying having to see a hand pop up to reload it after every shot. It's like playing some realistic shooter and watching your character load a shell into your shotgun after every shot. It's pointless, and only helps to take up even more of your screen.

Weapon animations should absolutely be an option. Turning it off can only increase your system performance, so you make it a performance tweak option.

Re: Jaffa's vid

I don't know exactly how you put a glow filter on that or whatever to simulate HDRI shazbot, but that shazbot looks fudgeing pretty!

I just hope:
those ugly jetpack / flag / disk / mortar / grenade trails go away
they turn up the gravity
you can turn reload animations on and off

other than that it looks great

Well just watched the video and all i have to say is it looks FUKIN GAY may as well make it a fukin flight sim u dont even need to ski anymore.

That map doesn't have much skiing because it's in an arena setting. If you had seen the first map, you would have realized that skiing still existed and was a big part but no, always jumping to conclusionss...

Very great movie, loved it. Disks are too slow, player triangles need to be fixed (they jump and show even when the person is dead sometimes), and um... not much else to complain about cause I havn't played it. I just hope there are tons of outdoor maps and less "arena" type maps. Just me though :)

I liked the grappling hook. Worked really nicely.

The game did look very "floaty". Like everytime he released the hook, I would look at his energy bar and see that he hadn't energy left and yet he was still floating in the air...
I like what I see so far though.

EDIT: The ragdolls are pretty stiff though... It's like their knees/elbows don't bend.

watched it now. looks like a lot of fun, a bit slow and soupy maybe, but it's hard to tell from that map, seems better suited for deathmatch than ctf.

edit: yeah, the raggdoll stuff looked a little wonky

Last edited:
Starwind said:
After watching the vid it seems to be that none of the trails or jetpack flames have any depth to them. They look like colored straight lines.
So you're defending the obvious gameplay flaws and complaining about the graphics? MINOR graphics at that?

Just stop talking.

Back