Gofishgrrl lures in a tasty meal by Aestis - Page 23 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Gofishgrrl lures in a tasty meal
Page 23 of 65
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
441 - 01-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught
about as aggressive as your average schoolyard bully. talking a lot of **** when they know that there is no chance of them having to see the person face to face or pose no threat.

ethugz4lyfe
...says the ignorant racist who makes judgments on **** he knows nothing about (eg gigafool and his gf)
 
HelenKeller is offline
 
Sponsored Links
nullper
VeteranX
Old
442 - 01-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught
about as aggressive as your average schoolyard bully. talking a lot of **** when they know that there is no chance of them having to see the person face to face or pose no threat.

ethugz4lyfe
this posts analogy confuses me.

are you saying
A) we are like bullies and bullies will never do anything.
or
B)we are like bullies, even though we will not do anything.


?
 
nullper is offline
 
-Dark-Angel-
VeteranX
Old
443 - 01-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullper
this posts analogy confuses me.

are you saying
A) we are like bullies and bullies will never do anything.
or
B)we are like bullies, even though we will not do anything.


?
i think he's saying you're acting like bullies because there is no one there to kick your ass for being a dick.
 
-Dark-Angel- is offline
 
Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
444 - 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM
we need to have a mock boxing ring at UVA6!
 
Morbid is offline
 
Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
445 - 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett
I usually open it anyway.
and i flame them

ns stuart
 
Vulcan is offline
 
Pubknight
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
446 - 01-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dark-Angel-
hell my point is.. most of you are probably pretty cool in real life but ****.. you're all so goddamn mean on TW.
The thing is though, I actually see a logic to Aestis starting these threads... and (while I would never want to put words into his mouth), I don't think it is about 'being mean'.

Quick background... TW was begat from the community around the game Tribes. Later, Tribes 2 brought in more people (which would be the timing origin of "stfu member" for those that are curious).

Now, TW's forums haven't been about Tribes for some time now... but TW is still, at its core, a community based around a common interest.

Gofishgrrl, from my understanding, had no connection to either game, and thus, her 'connection' to the community around it is tough to comprehend.

And this is where the logic comes in... if the only reason she frequents TW is to attention whore, or whatever... well, there is a positive and a negative side to attention.

She must already know what the positive is... or I can only assume she wouldn't come back.
So Aestis' posts provide the negative, effectively providing balance.

That's my theory anyways.

Or... he just may not like her very much.

Could go either way really.
 
Pubknight is offline
 
Glare
VeteranXV
Old
447 - 01-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller


guess which pic isn't ps'd?

whats bam bam bigalo doing without his flame ridden leotard??
 
Glare is offline
 
nullper
VeteranX
Old
448 - 01-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubknight
The thing is though, I actually see a logic to Aestis starting these threads... and (while I would never want to put words into his mouth), I don't think it is about 'being mean'.

Quick background... TW was begat from the community around the game Tribes. Later, Tribes 2 brought in more people (which would be the timing origin of "stfu member" for those that are curious).

Now, TW's forums haven't been about Tribes for some time now... but TW is still, at its core, a community based around a common interest.

Gofishgrrl, from my understanding, had no connection to either game, and thus, her 'connection' to the community around it is tough to comprehend.

And this is where the logic comes in... if the only reason she frequents TW is to attention whore, or whatever... well, there is a positive and a negative side to attention.

She must already know what the positive is... or I can only assume she wouldn't come back.
So Aestis' posts provide the negative, effectively providing balance.

That's my theory anyways.

Or... he just may not like her very much.

Could go either way really.
I thought she was in estrogen for t2
 
nullper is offline
 
Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
449 - 01-12-2004, 06:04 PM
wow I'm not reading all this ****, how the **** did this get to 23 pages? someone care to give me the summary? I stopped caring about blowfishgrrl and her rambling somewhere around page 12
 
Vampire is offline
 
-Dark-Angel-
VeteranX
Old
450 - 01-12-2004, 06:07 PM
i know what your point is.. but Tribes is dead.. like it or not.. that common interest is dead. The only common interest we have no is that we play games online. or that we used to.

I could care less who posts on TW. The problem is going about it in a way like this. And the point im trying to express, doesnt just pertain to this thread. Its only an example.

People on TW hide behind thier computer screens talking **** when there's no way in hell they would say any of this **** in real life. Its just like people driving. Most people would be nice to a perfect stranger but when driving its easy to be an ******* to them.

Not being face to face with someone is no right to be a dick. Just because you're not next to them when you're talking to them doesnt give anyone the right to be cruel. Common courtesy is non existant here and that is the one and only thing i dislike about TW.
 
-Dark-Angel- is offline
 
Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
451 - 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubknight
The thing is though, I actually see a logic to Aestis starting these threads... and (while I would never want to put words into his mouth), I don't think it is about 'being mean'.

Quick background... TW was begat from the community around the game Tribes. Later, Tribes 2 brought in more people (which would be the timing origin of "stfu member" for those that are curious).

Now, TW's forums haven't been about Tribes for some time now... but TW is still, at its core, a community based around a common interest.

Gofishgrrl, from my understanding, had no connection to either game, and thus, her 'connection' to the community around it is tough to comprehend.

And this is where the logic comes in... if the only reason she frequents TW is to attention whore, or whatever... well, there is a positive and a negative side to attention.

She must already know what the positive is... or I can only assume she wouldn't come back.
So Aestis' posts provide the negative, effectively providing balance.

That's my theory anyways.

Or... he just may not like her very much.

Could go either way really.
She is k3vorkian's sister IIRC, and thus that establishes her link to Tribalwar and Tribes in general. Whether her learning of us from her brother is any different from her merely learning about us from Google is another issue.
 
Vulcan is offline
 
Dr.Chen
VeteranX
Old
452 - 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dark-Angel-
i know what your point is.. but Tribes is dead.. like it or not.. that common interest is dead. The only common interest we have no is that we play games online. or that we used to.

I could care less who posts on TW. The problem is going about it in a way like this. And the point im trying to express, doesnt just pertain to this thread. Its only an example.

People on TW hide behind thier computer screens talking **** when there's no way in hell they would say any of this **** in real life. Its just like people driving. Most people would be nice to a perfect stranger but when driving its easy to be an ******* to them.

Not being face to face with someone is no right to be a dick. Just because you're not next to them when you're talking to them doesnt give anyone the right to be cruel. Common courtesy is non existant here and that is the one and only thing i dislike about TW.
<b>whao</b> Does TW give out TW's version of the noble peace prize?
 
Dr.Chen is offline
 
Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
453 - 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dark-Angel-
i know what your point is.. but Tribes is dead.. like it or not.. that common interest is dead. The only common interest we have no is that we play games online. or that we used to.

I could care less who posts on TW. The problem is going about it in a way like this. And the point im trying to express, doesnt just pertain to this thread. Its only an example.

People on TW hide behind thier computer screens talking **** when there's no way in hell they would say any of this **** in real life. Its just like people driving. Most people would be nice to a perfect stranger but when driving its easy to be an ******* to them.

Not being face to face with someone is no right to be a dick. Just because you're not next to them when you're talking to them doesnt give anyone the right to be cruel. Common courtesy is non existant here and that is the one and only thing i dislike about TW.
This post is ironic because of your brother's thread about Dru. But I know that was a joke, so mabye not.
 
Vulcan is offline
 
Putrid
VeteranX
Old
454 - 01-12-2004, 06:15 PM
I read this tread, some of it made me laugh, some of it did not.

I don't post my picture, I am fugly.





:bouncy:
 
Putrid is offline
 
Mav
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
455 - 01-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller
http://www.venom.net/mav.jpg

guess which pic isn't ps'd?
dude your original pic doesnt even need photoshoping

seriously that pic made my ****ing YEAR. mr perfect himself, at least in the manner he acts, is human. he's got FLAWS like the rest of us.

the sad fact is, im not ashamed to admit im fat, or unpleasant looking. you on the other hand, recoil behind your internet persona and claim to be something else IRL when we all know you arent.

ill even go as far to admit some of my morals and ideas on life are very far fetched and some not normal for a sane person. HOWEVER, the fact that you are human, very AVERAGE looking, etc and yet feel the need to harp on others online behind a computer screen simply so you can feel better about yourself (lets not kid ourselves here you arent very good looking), is a tad ****ed up
 
Mav is offline
 
-Dark-Angel-
VeteranX
Old
456 - 01-12-2004, 06:16 PM
it was a joke.. we're both pretty nice IRL. I will go out of my way to be nice to a stranger who gives me no real reason not to be. Its how we were raised. Be nice and if they arent.. then be a dick.. you guys are the other way around.
 
-Dark-Angel- is offline
 
SubMerged
VeteranX
Old
457 - 01-12-2004, 06:20 PM
lol
 
SubMerged is offline
 
Nicodemus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
458 - 01-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire
I stopped caring about blowfishgrrl and her rambling somewhere around page 12
My lord i've never laughed so hard in my life.
 
Nicodemus is offline
 
JuggerNaught
AIDs Water5
Old
459 - 01-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller
...says the ignorant racist who makes judgments on **** he knows nothing about (eg gigafool and his gf)
...replies the bubba caricature who picks on little girls.
 
JuggerNaught is online now
 
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
460 - 01-12-2004, 07:02 PM
has someone been giving mav truckloads of fortune cookies w/ fortunes saying "hk is superhuman" in them?

and jug, i haven't picked on a single LITTLE girl in this thread.
 
HelenKeller is offline
 
Page 23 of 65


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Gofishgrrl lures in a tasty meal

Social Website Bullshit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.