OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread by Marweas - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread
Page 9 of 28
CooLGuY
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
161 - 10-10-2003, 18:59
What happened to “Why do we need vehicles, You have a jetpack on your back, You are your own Vehicles” or something like that

Sponsored Links
Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
162 - 10-10-2003, 18:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by i$:LimpDisk
eventually a turtle will go down because with no pressure on your base you can send ho nonstop without opposition. after that its just a matter of time.
Exactly. You'll eventually break through. Especially in Tribes with the powerful offense. That doesn't make it easy, or even a sure thing.

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
163 - 10-10-2003, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy
What happened to “Why do we need vehicles, You have a jetpack on your back, You are your own Vehicles” or something like that
I think that point got lost when a portion of the Tribal Community developed an addiction to running people over with the tank ...

i$:LimpDisk
VeteranX
Old
164 - 10-10-2003, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
165 - 10-10-2003, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirDT
You either never experienced or never heard about the numerous overtimes that went on in T2 because a team would just play D. Even the best offense in the game(wonder whose team that was) would have to take forever to win because the other team would just play D. You balance against it so you don't have that happen. So you don't have 4 hour matches. Because it is a losing strategy in reality even though they themselves don't see it that way is not a reason to NOT address the problem.
You're talking about early T2 where a single remote turret could take out 50% of the offense. Try playing Classic with all D and see if your team even has a chance of getting an overtime, let alone a win.

VeteranX
Old
166 - 10-10-2003, 19:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colosus
You're talking about early T2 where a single remote turret could take out 50% of the offense. Try playing Classic with all D and see if your team even has a chance of getting an overtime, let alone a win.

Doaln
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
167 - 10-10-2003, 19:01
Quote:
You either never experienced or never heard about the numerous overtimes that went on in T2 because a team would just play D. Even the best offense in the game(wonder whose team that was) would have to take forever to win because the other team would just play D. You balance against it so you don't have that happen. So you don't have 4 hour matches. Because it is a losing strategy in reality even though they themselves don't see it that way is not a reason to NOT address the problem.
maps in matches are time limited. after they do that for the entire first map and start to do it in map 2, they will be owned.

Voidsinger
VeteranX
Old
168 - 10-10-2003, 19:01
Quote:
You probably played WAY too much T2 Base.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
169 - 10-10-2003, 19:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error|550
I think that point got lost when a portion of the Tribal Community developed an addiction to running people over with the tank ...
Well, it is a noble cause.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
170 - 10-10-2003, 19:02
From the article:

Quote:
"Also, the chaingun generates a lot of heat and will lock up briefly if you're just spraying bullets willy-nilly."
Thumbs down. It damn near takes me half a clip to start to make contact on my target sometimes when its laggy. The last thing I need is to spray bullets all over, finally get the correct lead to my target and then have the damn thing overheat\lock. No thank you.

VirDT
VeteranX
Old
171 - 10-10-2003, 19:02
Quote:
And Vir is sitting there saying that he's going to have a team of all D. He can have fun I guess, but it will only take 1 cap to win.
Uhh my team would never go ALL D heh. We never had to, we won because we went on offense. Perhaps you misunderstood from the beginning I am talking about it being a problem for teams in general who are facing other teams who do that.

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
172 - 10-10-2003, 19:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude
From the article:

Thumbs down. It damn near takes me half a clip to start to make contact on my target sometimes when its laggy. The last thing I need is to spray bullets all over, finally get the correct lead to my target and then have the damn thing overheat\lock. No thank you.
Learn to aim?

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
173 - 10-10-2003, 19:03
Quote:
Uhh my team would never go ALL D heh. We never had to, we won because we went on offense. Perhaps you misunderstood from the beginning I am talking about it being a problem for teams in general who are facing other teams who do that.
You haven't played T2 in how long?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
174 - 10-10-2003, 19:03
I agree on the chaingun overheat. Thumbs down for me. That's a Dave G trick.

Empirion
VeteranXX
Old
175 - 10-10-2003, 19:04
Will people in the crowd die when I spam the stadium with the RP?

What the heck is that thing hanging off the chaingun?

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
176 - 10-10-2003, 19:04
Quote:
Learn to aim?
If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it meaning leave the damn CG alone.

sender
Banned
Old
177 - 10-10-2003, 19:04
Rather than a spawn point, why not make it like a 1-way teleporter? Than you don't have to choose spawn points (I agree, that's gay) plus you get the +'s of forward base.

Doaln
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
178 - 10-10-2003, 19:04
Quote:
Learn to aim?
no ****. i think this idea is possibly going to be an effective way to stop the insane chain spamming.

VeteranX
Old
179 - 10-10-2003, 19:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirion
Will people in the crowd die when I spam the stadium with the RP?

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
180 - 10-10-2003, 19:05
So I guess it's to late to once again PLEAD FOR THE RETURN OF THE SHOCKLANCE

I do want to say THANK GOD NO MORE FLARES. And I love the chaingun overheating idea.

On discussion, I understand the usefulness of the Rover, but are you going to get to choose spawn points now or will it still be random, w/a chance of showing up there?

As for the pod, a decent solution for vehicle destruction but uh, I have a bad feeling about it.

Page 9 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Social Website Bullshit