Better airport...Dulles or Reagan?

TGMav

Veteran X
I'm going to be flying into DC in November and would like to know which airport would be better to fly into/out of...Dulles or Reagan International?

Dulles is cool because of those wacky rooms on wheels that they drive between concourses.

Never been to Reagan. :shrug:

Reagan is in the city. Dulles is a 30 minute drive from the city. Reagan has the metro. Dulles doesn't have traffic.

Depends entirely on where your friend lives and what's convenient for you.

BWI. or Reagan National, the "new", being built few years ago, extension is nice.

edit: BWI was a joke, by the way.

Reagan is right outside the city on the virginia side of the river...it's easy and convenient if your fried lives in alexandria, arlington, dc or that general area.

Dulles is farther out. I always prefer reagan but thats because I live a few miles from it.

Yea but at Reagan they constantly forget where your luggage is. (cheap shot)

You'll get cheaper rates going through BWI.

Reagan will be the most expensive, generally, since it's right in the city.

Overall, my favorite was Dulles, even though it's a bit of a drive ... then again, BWI was, too.

The cool thing about Reagan, though, is that you can take the Metro into downtown right from the airport.

I'll be attending a conference at a hotel near Reagan (7 miles away according to the web), but if it's a CF of an airport I'd rather hit dulles.

If your conference is near a metro stop, better to fly into Reagan. Otherwise it's car rental/taxi service time, and a 30 minute drive.

Fool said:
If your conference is near a metro stop, better to fly into Reagan. Otherwise it's car rental/taxi service time, and a 30 minute drive.

Exactly.

Reagan's not that bad. I'm not sure how it is now since 9/11, though ... I haven't been there since early 2001.

Back