xpdnc

Contributor
Veteran XX
my keyboard has a lot food in it, and is generally pretty gross

should i wash it or buy a new one?

i try not to get that kinda stuff on the keys

the keyboard rolls overtop of my lap, so it'd be pretty hard to get cum on it

Image033.jpg

One of these days I am going to take off all of the keys and really get all the gunk (read: sperm) out.

if you've been looking for an excuse for a new one, dirt + upcoming lan definitely works.

Well then you better get started, and get it under a fan overnight. Do that and it will be fine by thursday, even with travel.

I have one of those annoying ass keyboards where you can't press more than 2 keys at the same time or else the 3rd key you press doesn't work

really fucks up trying to ski in tribes :(

it IS a compaq, but since i bought it i've changed the mobo, cpu, OS, soundcard, and graphics card

so it's a compaq case, keyboard, and monitor

open up the keyboard and take everything apart. pop the keys off too if you can. then give it a good cleaning. let it dry for about a few hours and that should be fine.

iNVAR said:
open up the keyboard and take everything apart. pop the keys off too if you can. then give it a good cleaning. let it dry for about a few hours and that should be fine.

screwdriver?

Take all the keys off and vacuum the loose stuff out. They should pop off fairly easily. You may need to use a small screwdriver to get the first few off but you should be able to pry them off with your fingers. Use a damp paper towel or something to get the food off the actual keys. It may take a bit more time but you'll be able to use it immediatley after you put it back together. The keyboard I'm using this second is 8 years old and still going strong thanks to a little regular maintainence.

Back