[T1] The Link Thread

how can i make my tribes not lag?

i have an old computer, b/c i haven't really updated it from back in high school when I really played tribes.. don't really have a reason to since i don't play any other games. anyway, my computer should still be able to run tribes ok though... but i get pretty bad FPS lag.. especially when someone is shooting me w/ plasma. I used to not lag as much on the same computer when I used to play.

Comp specs are.. 2.6 Ghz p4; 1 GB ram; Radeon 9700 pro

it is your video card, it seems like any video cards that are from ATI got fucked with tribes at some point down the line

you can try these things to help:
if you are using vista/win7 use nofix's vista patch
type this in console (if you are using hudbot) $pref::screensize=1;
lowering your resolution

it is a very common problem

Others have smurfed as me and I've let them be even though they taint my stats with
better play.

No worsty, you were turning the server into your personal soapbox, were monopolizing
the chat window with tales of your greatness, were not actually playing tribes, and were
starting to escalate. Don't disrupt our games please. If you want to pontificate on your
greatness please use IRC or the forums. If you want to inform me of the things I haven't
yet fixed - again IRC or the forums. I took the ban off because I do want you to be able
to play Tribes.
this is a lie this is all i do in the server and i am never kicked or banned

this is a lie this is all i do in the server and i am never kicked or banned

I should have been a lot more clear. There is, of course, true greatness as opposed to
the false greatness. There is also the tribal skill greatness and the hacking skill
greatness. Now if one disrupts the game expounding on hacking skills then they will
be gone. If one disrupts the game expounding on greatness that instills an objection
because it is intuitively obvious that it is false greatness; then they will be gone.

A modest declaration of tribal skill greatness, not over doing it, is certainly welcome in
the game. Does it not serve the game to draw the attention of other players to true tribal
skills? Does it not serve the game to inspire other players to strive to attain the lofty
heights of tribal eliteness?

Opsayo generally does not overdo his declarations of tribal skill greatness and therefore
he is not banned for this. He is banned often for rule violations, we feel badly about that,
but we cannot play favorites.

I should have been a lot more clear. There is, of course, true greatness as opposed to
the false greatness. There is also the tribal skill greatness and the hacking skill
greatness. Now if one disrupts the game expounding on hacking skills then they will
be gone. If one disrupts the game expounding on greatness that instills an objection
because it is intuitively obvious that it is false greatness; then they will be gone.

A modest declaration of tribal skill greatness, not over doing it, is certainly welcome in
the game. Does it not serve the game to draw the attention of other players to true tribal
skills? Does it not serve the game to inspire other players to strive to attain the lofty
heights of tribal eliteness?

Opsayo generally does not overdo his declarations of tribal skill greatness and therefore
he is not banned for this. He is banned often for rule violations, we feel badly about that,
but we cannot play favorites.

i am modest

i dont see that config for ages. I remember that bart204's site, aka dfclan.org used to have many configs a few years ago, and there was this config with trans weapons.... idk. Ask bongwater, perrinoia or someone from the clan.

Back