[T1] The Link Thread

I won Section 8 at the Alienware booth at PAX09. Fun game, could be riddled with imbalance, could be totally awesome.

Sadly, no one will ever know. NOBODY plays that shit (on PC anyway).

Who'd of thought....

... this many years later, tribal war would still be here.

Its a shame when people talk about the "history" of gaming, so many people overlook T1 as a monster groundbreaker for many of us.

Anyways, what brings me back here is the buzz i heard about a new Tribes game being worked up, but after browsing I see theres little hope.

Some of you might not remember me, I think I left before T2 launch, but if you do, and have an xbox, add me ( TriccD OuT ).

If you don't and still want to shoot the shit, itzreflex@live.com

p.s. fuck some of you. :D

... this many years later, tribal war would still be here.

Its a shame when people talk about the "history" of gaming, so many people overlook T1 as a monster groundbreaker for many of us.

Anyways, what brings me back here is the buzz i heard about a new Tribes game being worked up, but after browsing I see theres little hope.

Some of you might not remember me, I think I left before T2 launch, but if you do, and have an xbox, add me ( TriccD OuT ).

If you don't and still want to shoot the shit, itzreflex@live.com

p.s. fuck some of you. :D
There's no new Tribes game, Tribes is dead, and the web browser Tribes thing won't change anything.

Welcome back to TW.

For debugging purposes, try a clean install of Tribes using the Vista fix. If you have the same problems, you can at least rule out 3rd party mods ( aka: hudbot ).
As you may know a domain name is just a name, not a real website/weblog. If you are going to create your blog website: 1- Buy a domain name. A domain name is a name you want to call your website (ex: Yahoo!). To get a domain name, you have to pay an annual fee to a registrar for the right to use that name. 2- Buy a web hosting service to provide your online space and enable you to get your blog online at your purchased domain name.

EDIT: How do I stop the text from appearing in the top left where Killtrack crap is? I want it to be in the middle of the bottom like said screenshot.

You can move many hud elements by accessing the menu page (default key is K) in game. If this does not work for you then you should access the tree (hit the ~ key, then type "tree();" )

Find the ChatDisplayHud under the "NamedGuiSet" Tree, right-click>edit, and you will get a menu to edit the properties of the chat hud (entry #8369 under chatdisplayhud). Change the Pos TopLeft (x,y) value to reposition the chat wherever you would like it on screen.

Pic:
chathud.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back