[T1] The Link Thread

If only all of this shit would have been made a few weeks after the game came out... maybe we would have kept 100 players!! ;)

We tried. Long before the failboat mutator, we created 5150mod (We were working on compmod, but the 5150 guys commented about how we wanted to change too much, so we made 5150mod. It never got implemented, and its a shame.

All it did was Balance the Grappler (8 Ammo, Breakable hooks) and the Shield pack (Reduced effectiveness, but still useful). It would have entirely changed comp by bringing back Epack capping as the primary method and reducing Grappling Flagrunner standoffs.

Oh well.

The game in its final state is actually almost decent, but way too little, way too late.

My Stonehenge remake is the pinnacle of T:V.

(no joke)

actually no plays that silly map anymore. last time it was in rotation of any server was 2007.

also, about 80 people are on on good day as of late. and grapple chasing is no problem now. its easy. back in 04/05 people were not nearly as good at it as people are now. actually its come to a point now where everyone can predict how capper is gonna grapple so grappling is kept to a minimum,

Last edited:
The shield was the only interesting thing about the game - oh, and the female armors.

The CD isn't worthy to even coaster my drink.

Tribes is dead.

It does look like something new is being farted around with. By new I do not mean 1.40.
Someone got kicked for emjay terp a few times recently. After review I decided it was
a false positive. It turns out the version number of tribes is contained in the memory
block which I used to test for emjay terp. If someone had changed the version number
of their client this would trigger the emjay terp kick - but really who would do that? LOL.
So some kind of 1.35 + 0.5.18 + good new things hybrid is an excellent compromise
third path.

That's a shame if so. I liked it a lot. Currently I play Quake III and Quake Live a lot and would love to add some more multiplayer 1st person shooters to my list. T:V was as good as the Unreal games IMO so why the short longevity?

With only one server (I guess in the USA??) and me being in Japan that makes it bummeristicly dead to me. :(

Tribes ROCKED!! :D

Last edited:
Back