Phantomstranger/KOS

it'd be much easier server-side (although it'd kick anybody w/o the models)

i LOVE these renders:
this guy is incredible

sunset.jpg

biggun.jpg

overearth.jpg

boostMKII.jpg

swordmaster.jpg

biggun2.jpg

my god this thread got back on topic while i was gone :eek:

yea the legs are a little bothersome atm, but for the most part hes almost done :)

ill have screens tomorrow when i get back from school, and ill see what i can do with the rest :p

ps if at all possible could i get higher res images of the small drawn ones? the renders are fine as they are, but the Rahxphon pics were kinda low res, if you cant find any ill just try my best at those :p

pss (yay for actually having some free time now :) )

btw how many ppl here have computers where they are not already getting over 100 fps constant in game?

(just wondering how high i can take the base polycount, ill add LODs where possible)

Well.. I'm not a power gamer, so my poor system can't get that high of an fps count, without losing some quality, looks bad with two differant text colors.
Dunno about the rest.. sure there are some that don't have systems that run that good, as not everyone can afford the best.
Sure their are plenty that wouldn't mind testing them. lol
It does seem now however that a good deal of people either have some sort of ati, geforce, or voodoo card though.

fps isn't the reason I don't use the t2 models, it's because it reminds me of t2 :p
fps loss is a small price to pay for ^those models
personally, those gundam renders own the rahxephon one

PS: I have a voodoo3 and get over 100fps

I have about 60 average, but i'm using every t2 model. I don't like t2 at all either, but I wanted something different...and they aren't bad models imo.

the models in those pictures you couldn't use for T1. you probably couldn't even have one on the screen and it would have 1 fps.

the renders the guy did probably took a while.

you wanna know how many polys are on that model? well and easy way is look at the curve of the surface. if the curve is perfectly smooth then there are probably 60-100 faces just on the curve.

it would be possible to put a lower poly version of it in T1. and you aren't going to get everyone to play a server version with the models because no one will play a client download mod for T1. people have always been whiney bitches about it. that and you put mod on anything on T1 and people run away.

right now I am working on ss2845. but I probably could work a day or two in to drop one of those models in. everyone decide which one you want and I'll do it. then will use the one kos is using for light. whe'll need a med model though. guess kos could do that one also.

Yeah those renders definately wouldn't be possible (They look better than DooM 3), but I just HAD to post them, especially that sword one w/ the sun.
That guy has alot of spare time/skill w/ whatever he used to create those.
I appreciate the time you and KOS are spending to make these, I just wish I could decide on 1, because they all look so freakin nice :p

Phantomstranger said:
the models in those pictures you couldn't use for T1. you probably couldn't even have one on the screen and it would have 1 fps.

the renders the guy did probably took a while.

you wanna know how many polys are on that model? well and easy way is look at the curve of the surface. if the curve is perfectly smooth then there are probably 60-100 faces just on the curve.

not to mention the GI lighting and the effects used for the sword and all glowing stuff and things like that :p
(and i guess those are pushing 200,000 easy, since i cant see all the details in the pack and stuff it could easily be over 1 million)

Back