SP - LoD > ST

SlotR said:
LoD has a bad name? Who gave it a bad name, you? People like you? ROFL.

When I was ST, I admiredLoD for standing up, defending and deafeating the guilds siege that was 3x its size and allied to the entire server. ALL the while, PK'ing at will, having a BLAST(obviously) and not giving a SHIT that the entire server was whinging about it.

I guess for somebody like me, being AGAINST the entire server rather than being with the entire server... Isnt even a choice.

Relatively speaking, yeah, they do have a bad name. Nothing to do with me, I have 2 toons not even off Noob Island yet. What I mean is, you can play this game any way you want, but it just seems, from reading forums where this stuff is discussed, that the peeps in LoD are assholes in terms of attitude. Not eveyone, I know there are assholes in every guild, it just sems that the majority of vocal LoD peeps tend to be like the people you disliked in high school.

Hey look, I actually admire LoD too, for the reasons you stated. For real, the only good opponent is one worthy of some respect. I can't wait to see them in action, though it seems unlikely I'd join them, or they'd take me, anyway. I'm not into ruining things for people, and that seems to be the guiding theme here; you yourself seem to take great glee in causing other people distress, in a very purposeful and malicious way. I just don't understand that. :shrug:

ST is boring, LoD are dicks, what am I to do?

One thing, though, you say it IS about annihilation for you, but what I meant was that nobody you kill is going away, [ok maybe the odd 12 yo will cry that he got killed and never play again, but that will happen regardless], and for example, you guys killed the dwarf city [MWH?]... they now have a new one somewhere else, right? So you really accomplished very little. I actually imagine they are alot happier at their new spot anyway.

Well, good luck on the drinking, don't drive. :wave: See ya on the server.

[Edit] Some other thoughts I've been having reading the thread: I HOPE LoD never goes down forever, cuz I frankly agree w/ you Slot that ST would just make the server stale if THEY were the uber guild. But I find it more comforting as a guy about to get off Noob island that a good part of the continent will be more tolerant of me walking around trying to get the lay of the land and a few levels than it would be around LoD's areas. I guess it would be server-death if either of them disappeared. So the fact that it's LoD vs ST is a good thing. :bigthumb:

Another thing: Slot, what's your guild? What rank requirements and all? Fuck, I have more than one toon.. maybe I'll shop around, after all. I can really only know the truth if I see it from all sides. :)

Last edited:
I gotta run now, my ride is here and were off to da lake for the weekend. =)

If youre still interested in joining on monday, find me in IRC and gimme a PM.

L8z!

BTW yes agreed that many LOD are dicks, but being our own guild with our own city, we can boot out anyone that we deem to be 'dickly', and problem solved.

PS STOP CALLING THEM TOONS ARRRHG

LostDuck said:
For me...I like fighting for the 'underdog' (by numbers LoD is the underdog). The chance to bring up a city...from its birth and to see it grow and such...Defending it when needed. These are things that make it 'more fun' for me.

One advantage we (us ex-ST's) have in judging all this is that we have been on both sides of the fence...and like this side more.

To each their own... :)

already adressed this... lod is the only the "underdog by numbers," but not by that much, and lod is also much more organized than st, so in reality, they are actually quite balanced against each other.

Maniacal said:
already adressed this... lod is the only the "underdog by numbers," but not by that much, and lod is also much more organized than st, so in reality, they are actually quite balanced against each other.

Note to self - when putting "by numbers LoD is the underdog"...make sure not to just put it in parenthesis...but also bold it and add "I feel" in front of it...

:)

SP is now a subguild of LoD. on the world map u can see us on the north part of ice island, rightly called 'Snowblind' (city name)

Hey Styr, didn't Shining Path have another city on the other side of the map on the mainland? Was I dreaming, or did it get knocked down?

yeah, we had a city. it was below KC. we were neutral with ST for a while and allied with some medium sized guilds, but eventually we helped out LoD and then ST attacked us and ravaged the city with their skillz yo.

then we moved to ice island and subbed under LoD

oic.

so do I still have to wait til r3 for an invite to SP?

I wanna hurry.... :(

gotta get in on some mainland action.

as far as i realized there is no level requirement for TWers. but our city is under attack atm, its not wise to go here when theres 100+ attackers here

Hmm, I just started playing a few days ago after I got home from school, and, unfortunately, I've been leveling even faster than I'd expected from what I'd heard, and my Fury's already almost level 35 - 34 at last count, I believe. So now I'm starting to feel like I need to join a guild pretty quickly.

Anyway, I'm getting the sense that this SP guild is the one to join on Death? So far the only guilds that I've talked to have been babbling about role-playing and talking about "Elven Nations" or something, but they all seemed desperate for members and not all that involved in the interesting stuff on the server.

Do I have to do anything, or anyone, special to join, or do I get executive treatment due to my Tribes pedigree or some crap like that?

--Leper​

Bourbon, Spexx, slotR, or I can invite you next time your on. Just send a tell to Braxx, hexx, Carelessness, or Gulaag when you get a chance. I think the new requirement to join our guild is you have to get on Teamspeak. SP is gonna change a bit.

SP was finally taken back by some LoD and VA guys. Obidiah and Solstice brought some groups up and we wrecked the siege equip and invaders. oh well, we only lost a few mill... But yeah, SP's a lot of fun, Leper.

Should I continue on my Thief or my would be blademaster for my main? That is for SP too.... SP is a buncha thieves right?

if LoD ever gets around to actually accepting a bane at resonable hours and not constantly using any and ever little exploit in the game. I might consider joining. but i have plenty of fun in Sowers of Discord.

for the record, i didnt partake in smashing your walls heh. i was somewhat torn in that whole thing. i was like....this is my friend's city, but they are LOD. So i went down to stump's new city and knocked down their walls.

Back