(My last) [T2 Release] DioPositionWatch

|Rx|Diogenes

Veteran X
It's still an early build, I won't be the one to complete it. I wasn't sure if it should be released, but people seemed to think it was a good idea (thread here). This is still a beta build, and although it doesn't really have any known bugs, it still lacks some intended prefs and features (things like waypointing all players of a position).

It's called DioPositionWatch because that's exactally what it does, it watches player's positions based on what actions they take. It qualifies them as HO, Capper, LO, Turret Farmer, or LD (there wasn't an easy way for me to find the HoF or HD, so they usually show as LD instead). The script features two HUDs, one that's always visible that shows counts of enemy players in their positions i.e.: "HO:2,LD:6,FC:2,LO:1". The other HUD is only visble when you press a key, that one shows full lineups of both teams, with their positions next to their names.

The only screenshot I have of it is from littlewing, don't know how long he intends to host it.
screen1.png

The script is available now on my old team's webspace, download here

It's a lot of fun for pubs, pretty accurate in matches, and with a few extra lines of code could output the results to a file after watching a demo. I encourage someone to pick this up and complete it, I no longer have the time or drive to do so.

This community has been great to be a part of, and I'll miss a lot of you. I want to thank all the scripters in this community for everything over the past few years. I'd miss a million people if I started naming all the names, but it would be a sin for me to ignore Halide and Uber. If it weren't for those two guys, T2 scripting wouldn't be close to where it is now. I also need to send a very warm and special thanks to MrPoop. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have started any of this, and I wouldn't be working as a programmer now. It's been a lot of fun, and I hope to see a lot of you on PlanetSide and T3.

dio, question for ya. your dioflagcall you made for tr2, i converted it to work with ctf but instead of creating a waypoint on me the capper can see it creates a personal waypoint on me only i can see. the voice chat and t.laser work right but the waypoint has me stumped.

Mav said:
dio, question for ya. your dioflagcall you made for tr2, i converted it to work with ctf but instead of creating a waypoint on me the capper can see it creates a personal waypoint on me only i can see. the voice chat and t.laser work right but the waypoint has me stumped.

You need to create a new "Give me the flag" task and send it to the team, or carrier. I'm sure Uber could show you how. I've seen a few people using this in pubs already, so I'm sure a script like this already exists in some form.

Back