Post your Shadowbane names/servers here. by nostratic - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.
Page 9 of 30
Thread Tools
FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXV
Old
161 - 03-31-2003, 16:59
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roga
What type of char are you looking at playing adren?
Warrior of some sort for my first character. I normally play one in this type of game to learn it before doing a Mage of some sort, although Assassin's appeal to me more than typical mages in SB.

Right now, I'm thinking either a Half Giant Tank or a Elf Bladeweaver as my end goals for the character.
 
FOG|Adrenaline is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Roga
VeteranX
Old
162 - 03-31-2003, 16:59
Reply With Quote
if anyone has somewhere where they can host files I've got a few (from someone else, not made by me) that could be helpful. I'll email em to whomever can host em. Basically general information.
 
Roga is offline
 
ZugZug
L33t Cow
Old
163 - 03-31-2003, 16:59
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalaxy
I dont have the game but I've read around a bit.
For a Thief wouldn't it be better to go for these runes:

Raised by a Thieves Guild and
Tought by a Thief Master
Increased Constitution

The Raised by a Thieves guild gives you +5 dagger.

The tought by a Theif Master gives you +10 DEX/MAX DEX
but subtracts -5 from STR/MAX STR and -5 CON/MAX CON.

The increased Contitution gives you some of your CON you
lost from the Thieves master, you end up only missing 2 points.
Increased Con is a waste, since you can find better Con runes in the game as loot. The other two are good, but you're forgetting Lightning Reflexes.
 
ZugZug is offline
 
MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 03-31-2003, 17:00
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalaxy
The only question I have, that I really cant find an answer for is what is a good discipline to go with for a Thief.

I'm thinking Bounty Hunter but I'm not sure, since I dont see any info on what they do really...
bounty hunter is cool for thieves and assasins from what i hear.
 
MaD_ReBeL is offline
 
Error|550
VeteranX
Old
165 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
meat up tonight in the hamlet of agan's ring?

there is decent lowbie groups, then the bog rats are close by, then the snakes and hag, then the nails for the final push to 21.

should be able to hit at least 15 with a decent sized group and active pulling in a few hours .
I'll bring my caster in; he's still a lowbie. Although, MR, I need your help trans a few things to him ...
 
Error|550 is offline
 
FOG|Adrenaline
VeteranXV
Old
166 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roga
if anyone has somewhere where they can host files I've got a few (from someone else, not made by me) that could be helpful. I'll email em to whomever can host em. Basically general information.
I can host some, I'm on IRC or PM me if you want my email.
 
FOG|Adrenaline is offline
 
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
167 - 03-31-2003, 17:01
Reply With Quote
From Rogue's market:

Level 1-3 newbie monsters, though if we have a large group we can move off sooner.

Level 3-6 lizardmen. Trackers drop good loot (occasional magic) and 134+ XP a pop.

Level 6-10 bog rats north of Agan's Ring. 600-800 XP at those levels and awesome cash, and they are non social (remember those nail-tooths? ). At 12+ if you can't find a group soloing bog rats is good for 1.5k XP and a ton of cash, so they really give the best bang for the buck.

Levels 10+ great pythons and the bog hag. Pythons are good for 2.5-3.5k XP a pop with relatively low risk with a good healer in party, bog hag is good for 6k XP.

You can make a trip to bandit's island if you want some good dropped armor as well. You can also adjust those values, obviously a larger group can move to tougher monsters faster.
 
Talamius is offline
 
xgalaxy
VeteranX
Old
168 - 03-31-2003, 17:02
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
Increased Con is a waste, since you can find better Con runes in the game as loot. The other two are good, but you're forgetting Lightning Reflexes.
Ya, but the whole point of going for Tought by a Thief Master was to get the same effects as the Lightning Reflexes but with less cost. The only problem with that is you end up taking a hit to Con. But you still end up with more points to spend.

Bah. I didn't notice the fact that you could lower the starting attributes too. In that case, you could just lower the Spirit to its lowest, get Lightning Reflexes and the a +5 dagger. But you end up losing out on the second +5 dagger tho.
 
xgalaxy is offline
 
Last edited by xgalaxy; 03-31-2003 at 17:05..
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
169 - 03-31-2003, 17:03
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZug
Increased Con is a waste, since you can find better Con runes in the game as loot. The other two are good, but you're forgetting Lightning Reflexes.
Taught by Master Thief is just as good for 4 less points. -5 STR and CON for +10 DEX is a great trade for a rogue.
 
Talamius is offline
 
MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 03-31-2003, 17:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
From Rogue's market:

Level 1-3 newbie monsters, though if we have a large group we can move off sooner.

Level 3-6 lizardmen. Trackers drop good loot (occasional magic) and 134+ XP a pop.

Level 6-10 bog rats north of Agan's Ring. 600-800 XP at those levels and awesome cash, and they are non social (remember those nail-tooths? ). At 12+ if you can't find a group soloing bog rats is good for 1.5k XP and a ton of cash, so they really give the best bang for the buck.

Levels 10+ great pythons and the bog hag. Pythons are good for 2.5-3.5k XP a pop with relatively low risk with a good healer in party, bog hag is good for 6k XP.

You can make a trip to bandit's island if you want some good dropped armor as well. You can also adjust those values, obviously a larger group can move to tougher monsters faster.
im going to be at agan's ring later tonight. there seems to always be good groups there.

i may do a little looting on the side .
 
MaD_ReBeL is offline
 
Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
171 - 03-31-2003, 17:07
Reply With Quote
question:

anyone have any idea how this will run on radeon9000pro?
 
Maniacal is offline
 
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
172 - 03-31-2003, 17:07
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL
im going to be at agan's ring later tonight. there seems to always be good groups there.

i may do a little looting on the side .
6:30ish, #shadowbane :]
 
Talamius is offline
 
MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
173 - 03-31-2003, 17:08
Reply With Quote
decently, just turn some stuff off/down
 
MaD_ReBeL is offline
 
Error|550
VeteranX
Old
174 - 03-31-2003, 17:09
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
6:30ish, #shadowbane :]
irc.dynamix.com, yes?
 
Error|550 is offline
 
ZugZug
L33t Cow
Old
175 - 03-31-2003, 17:10
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalaxy
Ya, but the whole point of going for Tought by a Thief Master was to get the same effects as the Lightning Reflexes but with less cost. The only problem with that is you end up taking a hit to Con. But you still end up with more points to spend.
You don't have to do Lightning Reflexes if you don't want to

But don't worry about making up your con hit at character creation. I'd just put the points you're thinkin of spending on Improved Con directly into CON if I was that worried about it.
 
ZugZug is offline
 
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
176 - 03-31-2003, 17:11
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacal
question:

anyone have any idea how this will run on radeon9000pro?
Athlon 1 ghz, 512 meg PC133 and a Radeon 9000 Pro 64meg AGP, WinXP Pro here.

Everything at defaults EXCEPT dynamic lighting (all the way down) and I never have FPS problems. Game still looks half decent, and I only get thrashing when I zone after a few hours, but that's the minor in game mem leak.

I would say 512 is an absolute minimum for an enjoyable experience, but that goes across the board anyway now.
 
Talamius is offline
 
Talamius
VeteranX
Old
177 - 03-31-2003, 17:11
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error|550
irc.dynamix.com, yes?
No, DALnet
 
Talamius is offline
 
Empirion
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 03-31-2003, 17:13
Reply With Quote
I want some kinda archer char. Someone tell me how to set a good one up. I guess I'm going to start with a human character.
 
Empirion is offline
 
ZugZug
L33t Cow
Old
179 - 03-31-2003, 17:13
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamius
Taught by Master Thief is just as good for 4 less points. -5 STR and CON for +10 DEX is a great trade for a rogue.
You save 4 points by losing 5 points in CON

Going with LR instead of TBMT buys you 5 CON for 4 points.
 
ZugZug is offline
 
Error|550
VeteranX
Old
180 - 03-31-2003, 17:16
Reply With Quote
If I end up re-rolling my tank, I think I'll go for Ambidextrous at the start. I grouped with a guy yesterday that had this and he was rocking the monsters (he was also Half-Giant/Fighter).

Funny thing is, he had really ****ty weapons too but still was doing damn near as much damage per swing as I was with my new sword.
 
Error|550 is offline
 
Page 9 of 30
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50.