Old
21 - 03-25-2003, 02:17
nice, capping and disappearing behind a waterfall would rock

Sponsored Links
Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 03-25-2003, 02:22
Yeah, I expect them to be heavily abused by mappers to the point that the game will be called "Tribes: Waterfalls"

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
23 - 03-25-2003, 02:41
Yes, waterfalls are nice... being able to make a underwater entrance to a base that is like a stargate would be cool.

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
24 - 03-25-2003, 04:03
I sometimes forget Tribes 2 has water..

Let's hope this time it isn't designed to slow people down. Water-skiing rocked, until they realised it was fun and patched it out. (SERIOUS combat on an epic scale)

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
25 - 03-25-2003, 04:09
What we need is a Jet Ski... waves to jump on.. then it would be like the end of that police academy movie whenever you case the f.carrier.

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 03-25-2003, 09:33
The ammo pack should get some respect here.
It adds weight but It should double EVERYTHING in inventory: 5nades>10nades 3mines>6mines 3beacons>6beacons 1healthkit>2healthkits.

You can imagine that the AMMO pack would then be used for sustained operations behind enemy lines, possibly for capping.

There needs to be a jammer pack. ok this thing is useless cept for turret evasion and emc.
I would like to see this pack not detect you when you are wearing it while not turned on, but when TURNED ON i would like to see this this actually JAMMMMM turrets and anything in a considerable range, this would make team work fun, having your jammer guy going in on a cap with you to jam out the enemies missle turret, possibly also affecting enemy tribers compasses and staticizing their command circuits.

cloak pack-self explanitory, i don't think this thing should do anything but cloak and make the wearer be untargetable to DEPLOYABLE turrets. NOT BASE TURRRETS though (the big plasma turrets).

The Energy pack should have a BOOST feature sort of like an alternative fire, it dumps all the energy in the pack like an afterburner on a jetplane, thus giving a Small boost in speed and force. at the expense of heating the player up as to be open to missle attack.

I also thing that every player should be shielded sligtly being able to take one disk or perhaps a lil less like a plasma shot before actually breaking into health supply.

Which here i come to my shield pack idea. Welcome to the shield capacitor, it shields the player and has its own power supply built in, once the shield supply is gone it slowly builds back up or abruptly with the capacitor feature, with a press of a button its capacitor is discharged and refills the shield energy supply at RISK of damage though.
(this concept was used in starsiege and was a briliant game feature in that game, it allowed an edge but at great risk and became standard on all vehicles. This would be a great feature on a shield pack it would definitely up the stakes on HOF or heavy base raids or lights for that matter.

i have a 1000 ideas but lack the typing right now.
more to follow.

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
27 - 03-25-2003, 11:31
Man, I'm glad ZooL isn't designing Tribes 3.

The only ideas I liked were the Ammo pack, and the E-Pack afterburner. Only it can't be more powerful than a disc jump.

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 03-26-2003, 02:07
these are just ideas, what i mean for th EPACK is a total fuel dump slightly less than a disc jump effect at the cost of all energy in reserve.

ie

I grab flag i hit my overload button i get a boost of noticeable force, but my energy reserves are FRIED at least for 2 seconds or mabe 3 before they start to charge again. This would be the pack benefits. This feature would be ideal in an uphill scramble to get away from a would be enemy. You would have to watch where you use this feature because it adds another variable of play in to the math of the game.

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Weapon/pack balancing

Social Website Bullshit