How much more do they take out if you claim 0 rather than 1?

I filed 1 and got like $900 back, I want more. :(

If I file 0 is it gonna be taking like another $100 a paycheck out or some shit? I dont want to do it if its more than like $30 or $40 a paycheck

how about instead have a little discipline and put that money into a bank account each paycheck.. then you get interest and can take it out for an emergency!

we call it saving!

Yah, I don't understand why people would want the government to hold thousands of dollars from their paycheck intrest free.

I prefer to end up paying as long as it is not to big of a suprise.

i owe 140 bucks to the gman. i claim 0 :(.

i fall into a nice bracket where they fuck me in the goat ass for being relatively successful for someone my age :(.

I also claim 0 and got 1800 back but I also have a kid and file as head of household.
It won't be an extra $100 taken out. More like $15. I'm estimating the differance will be $800, just a guess.

Ignore the people saying you should put it in the bank and invest. People don't do that. It slips thru their fingers. Plus interest at banks is 1% and the stock market is tanked. Goto HR, get a W4, and set the exemptions to 0.

NoGodForMe said:
I also claim 0 and got 1800 back but I also have a kid and file as head of household.
It won't be an extra $100 taken out. More like $15. I'm estimating the differance will be $800, just a guess.

Ignore the people saying you should put it in the bank and invest. People don't do that. It slips thru their fingers. Plus interest at banks is 1% and the stock market is tanked. Goto HR, get a W4, and set the exemptions to 0.
worst advice ever.

its not rocket science why 98% of people are flat broke at 65 years old.

NoGodForMe said:

people without DISCIPLINE let it slip through their fingers.. duh

I choose to claim 0, I'm getting $1900+ from federal, and $500+ from state. I save anyway, and it's a nice little chunk of change at the end of every year. Now, when I buy a house in the next couple years, it'll be even better.

Some people can claim 1 and actually do something with the extra $30 or so they get each paycheck, but being realistic, most can't.

LoS-Primal said:
I choose to claim 0, I'm getting $1900+ from federal, and $500+ from state. I save anyway, and it's a nice little chunk of change at the end of every year. Now, when I buy a house in the next couple years, it'll be even better.

Some people can claim 1 and actually do something with the extra $30 or so they get each paycheck, but being realistic, most can't.
most dont.

1) you can claim up to 99 exemptions.

2) nothing forces you to spend money

3) if you claim 0 thus getting lots of money taken from you, how can you not save money if you claimed more exemptions? you would be finding a way to live without this extra money. yet youre telling me that if you did have it you wouldnt be able to save it?

wow, just wow. you could be investing 2400 dollars a year in something. be it CDs, bonds, hell even a savings account is at least making you SOME money.

MaD_ReBeL said:
most dont.

1) you can claim up to 99 exemptions.

2) nothing forces you to spend money

3) if you claim 0 thus getting lots of money taken from you, how can you not save money if you claimed more exemptions? you would be finding a way to live without this extra money. yet youre telling me that if you did have it you wouldnt be able to save it?

wow, just wow. you could be investing 2400 dollars a year in something. be it CDs, bonds, hell even a savings account is at least making you SOME money.

Rebel, chill. My statement is an opinion, you have yours as well. When I said "can't", I mean that most people will just spend that money. It's up to each person to assess their ability to manage their money and decide what works best for them. I invest in my companies 401K, I have an IRA that I invest in, I have money automatically deducted from my paycheck to put in savings. I personally know that if I claimed 1, I would just spend that money. So "I" choose to claim 0 feeling confident that I am taking other measures to secure my retirement.

:lol: so your companies 401k is what youre basing your retirement on?

again, there is a reason 98% of the people are broke at 65.

also, what youre saying is essentially this.

"please, someone else manage my money. please take care of my future and my retirement. im too lazy and dont have the self discipline to do it for myself".

MaD_ReBeL said:
:lol: so your companies 401k is what youre basing your retirement on?

again, there is a reason 98% of the people are broke at 65.

also, what youre saying is essentially this.

"please, someone else manage my money. please take care of my future and my retirement. im too lazy and dont have the self discipline to do it for myself".

Maybe you missed the part about savings and IRA??? Whatever, I'm not going to argue this with you.
To everyone else, know yourself and you money managment abilities.

The extra $15 they take out a week isn't gonna kill your savings plan. I make enough that I can save, which I do.
I've had my IRA since 20, put 2k a year in there. I also have mutual funds and live way below my means.
I don't know how to explain this, but it's just nice to get a big refund check at tax time. People always say, "What did you get?" and it's nice to say $1800. Then when that check comes it's like a bonus.

MaD_ReBeL said:
i owe 140 bucks to the gman. i claim 0 :(.

i fall into a nice bracket where they fuck me in the goat ass for being relatively successful for someone my age :(.

haha, age is not a factor till you are over the age of 65.

Back