Time to show you guys SH with terrain re-textured

Zool isnt that starsiege at the link in ur sig?

the screens look like starsiege :p

too bad they didnt take more from it when making tribes =\(ie changing the hud colours with 1 click, more details, stuff like that)

Imo, the ultimate would be to combine t1 physics and overall gameplay with graphics and such from t2. I know its impossible to get as pretty of stuff as you get in t2 because of the engines. Now I'm no expert on this, I may not even know what I'm talking about. But that's what I see these people doing. Making newer, prettier terrains, such as t2 as. Making newer, prettier skies. Porting over the weapon models, flyer models, etc. I think that's the best possible idea for t1. Something that's a combination of t1 and t2. The combination of the whole style of t1, with the graphics of t2. Imo, that's what is happening. And I like. A big thanks to Hilikus, Sarca, Andrew, and anyone else I don't know about who's contributing to all this. You guys don't have to do this, but your doing it for the community. And whether you realize it or not, everyone greatly appreciates it. You deserve alot of thanks. I, for one, salute you. :p. Always wanted to say that.

Originally emailed by Eric "Ratedz" Lanz

I don't have any idea what type of changes were made to Tribes Extreme.
I *do* know that it used the T1 engine, though. Those screens you sent
the link to are all mock ups using the Tribes 1/Tribes Extreme engine.
After E3 that year, they rewrote the engine.
As for Darkstar, it is the original name of the V2, Torque engine. That
is why you see so many references to it.

Eric

darnit, zool has foiled me again

also, before you feel the need to reply, this is TRIBES we're talking about. Not STARSIEGE (Tribes forum)

so just think whether the size of your internet penis matters before retorting, because this thread could get alot uglier.

Enough about why you don't see the point in doing this. We like this and want it sooooo..........

RELEASE!!

ps: at whatever time you think is best.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'm not sure I'd want T1 w/ T2 graphics.... cause I dont like the T2 graphics... they're too "saturated" for me...... too dark. T1 is so bright and clear, T2 is mucky. Mabye T1 w/ a diff engine... that could be nice.

Trinket said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'm not sure I'd want T1 w/ T2 graphics.... cause I dont like the T2 graphics... they're too "saturated" for me...... too dark. T1 is so bright and clear, T2 is mucky. Mabye T1 w/ a diff engine... that could be nice.

Who cares; release.

UberGuy (FT) said:
The T1 engine being the "Fear" engine would explain things like "FearGUI".

"fear squads" would explain it thats what, what are you guys thick or something. Do i need to draw a picture.
Starsiege began on the DARKSTAR SIM ENGINE it then spawned a game that is now known as SS:Tribes, this game SS:TRIBES used STARSIEGES SIM ENGINE, THE SAME ONE, same<<(get it not different same ) it was called darkstar christ u guys make me cry. i was waiting for Es3 when you were playing quake.

feargui has nothing to do with the game engine it is the gui shit for Tribes not starsiege.
http://www.planettribes.com/alphablue/ssindex/

see any FEARGUI there in starsiege???

ohhh wait i suppose omniweb.gui was in Tribes as well as a matter o fact it was in Tribes2 and is an integral part of the torque engine developed by al gore.

Come back when you know what your talking about.

What happens when you make an HUD container with a bitmap control in it with ColorGUI?

What's that word in the brown box before you set the bitmap in tree();?

ZooL said:

How about you take a large glass of
CHILL THE FUCK OUT

I didn't read the whole thing thorougly and drew the wrong conclusion. I don't need you waving your I know what the fuck I'm talking about - you shut the fuck up dick under my nose, thanks.

You went from cool source of info to motherfucker in 60 seconds. Have a nice day.

i'm sorry if my text come off rampantly mean and distasteful :| i apologize i wasn't REALLY getting crazy as a mother fucker i'm not a crazy fuck...yes nm yes i am.

Eh, no problem. I rampaged in response. Your rampage took me quite off guard since (having misread earlier) I thought I was agreeing with you. :)

No hard feelings. It's an internet forum, after all. :D

Back