[meph]DooM!

Sarca, you should put Anisotropic FIltering on when you take screen shots, it makes the terrain much smoother. I can't play without it.

SarcaStick said:
sshot0032.jpg

that looks sweet to me and I'd deffinatly give it a shot..
but i don't wanna ask if they're gonna be released :(

cyclonite said:
Sarca, you should put Anisotropic FIltering on when you take screen shots, it makes the terrain much smoother. I can't play without it.

Why take screenshots of what people wont see in-game.
Sure, my card can handle it, but a lot of peoples cards cant. I prefer to give a more on-point representation of what it should look like for all cards.

sarca your the devil!!! for not letting the community in on your marvelous work...

oh yeah.... how you get the skies to appear above as well... did you stretch the images the 15 or 16 images that go in 360 around the map? just curious

Last edited:
BLiSTeD said:
speaking of skys, shoulda seen the sunset we had in tampa today. wish i had digital on me woulda made a nice tribes sky.
heh, im in fl, about an hour away from tampa, lakeland

Hilikus said:
sarca your the devil!!! for not letting the community in on your marvelous work...

oh yeah.... how you get the skies to appear above as well... did you stretch the images the 15 or 16 images that go in 360 around the map? just curious

dont get me wrong in my sayings but...

1. This is a team effort. Andrew, R@NDOM, av0n
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspAlthough I work more with Andrew than anyone else, he is just as responsible for getting this done as myself. 'give him credit'
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspProps to R@NDOM and av0n who answer questions and are constantly and consistantly finding new things within the exe to help things along the way.

much <3 to you guyz

2. Ive made custom actions in PS to do all of the tedious stuff with the click of a button, like resize 16 bmps into 8 bmps etc etc. Some maps i.e. RC use 16 bmps, while others only use 8 i.e. rd (hence the use of the ps actions)

3. The skies can be rendered as a full 360 degrees (but i've not bothered with that) but it skews the detail of the bmp a lil bit because they become enlarged and thus losing some detail

4. I make the skies from scratch and maybe that's why they look a little better when put into the game as far as detail goes. I honestly ved.

5. This community rockz! ;)

Last edited:
that 'thing' you had me test sometimes crashes Tribes after RainDance is over, has it happened to you SarcaStick?

insidious said:
that 'thing' you had me test sometimes crashes Tribes after RainDance is over, has it happened to you SarcaStick?

That is why it is a 'test'. Which means 'not for use yet'

I suggest removing things and going back to your original config stuff.

Seriously sarc, andrew, random, avon, and whoever else is working on this...thanks.

i love this game and love to see the community still kickin it.

Sytem Specs

1.8a ghz Northwood (512 cache) OC to 2.5ghz
gf4 ti4200 Gainward 250/500 (i can OC to 300/600 but no need)
512 megz pc 2700 (w/ heat spreader)

Back