Here is a pic of one of the Xmas Presents

well go right ahead. I will finish fixing it later so then you might want to update the mirror.

Be feel free. This model is for everyone. And I want everyone that wants it to be able to get it.

eh, im not too impressed to be honest. :\

I mean, all you did was take models from T2 and put them in T1, and the T2 models arent that great anyways.
I thought you were going to make some orginal.
o well, nice job with this, I guess.

dunce_boy said:

I mean, all you did was take models from T2 and put them in T1, and the T2 models arent that great anyways.

origional is good, however this is different, which is just as good, i guess it depends on personal preference, i like the t2 player models a lot more then the t1 models, sure Phantom could have done something origional but i would still be just as impressed

dunce_boy said:

Not trying to be rude ok i am, Where do you get the nerve? Stuff like that takes hard work and not to mention the guy is releasing them to everyone. Its not like he gets paid to sit around and convert skins. *sigh*

greed, stfu....im not flaming him for it...I never said it was stupid or anything, I was just saying that I am dissapointed. I dont like to see people just taking others work. Im not going to make such a fuss about it because it is T2 to T1 shit, but, all im saying is I would rather see an origional model.

oh, and dont play the whole "you dont know what it is like" card, cause, yeah, I do.

dunce_boy said:

Truethfully, its not just that easy to take the T2 models and put them into T1. You try it.

yeah I would have to agree. If it's so easy do it yourself.

As far as taking others work well guess what its Tribes.

Am I going to do original models later? Yes.

Why did I bother doing this? Because people asked me to do it. I didn't go out on my own and decide to do it for shits and giggles. People wanted this.

I never said I modeled the original model either. But I do have to do some remodeling to it to get it into Tribes 1. It's not as simple as open the T2 model and export it for T1.

Sorry for your dissappointment. But it is what people asked for. Like I said there will be original models later but I can only do one thing at a time so you are just going to have to wait.

dunce_boy said:
greed, stfu....im not flaming him for it...I never said it was stupid or anything, I was just saying that I am dissapointed. I dont like to see people just taking others work. Im not going to make such a fuss about it because it is T2 to T1 shit, but, all im saying is I would rather see an origional model.

oh, and dont play the whole "you dont know what it is like" card, cause, yeah, I do.
Shouldnt you be working on legends?

SMURFHATER said:
Shouldnt you be working on legends?
as are the rest of the dev, we are working on it.
now smurfhater, all he was doing was expressing his opinion, if you dont like it, deal with it or go outside.
Phantom did a great job and if you say that dunce cant do it you're very wrong, he has some REALLY sweet model and skins that you haven't seen.
goodbye

sheesh, you guys take thinks the worse way sometimes. Im not saying its ass...
Im just saying its not as great as everyone is making it out to be, nothing to be praised for.
But, like I said, T2 to T1 is fine, w/e, I just hope you do something diff. for T2...and since you said you were, I cant wait to see it.

I think what dunce is saying is that taking a t2 model and modifying it so that it'll work in t1 requires much less work than creating the model from scratch. It just doesn't take as much work to port than it does to create an origional, and if you think otherwise, you're just plain wrong, so stfd.

It's still good work, but it doesn't require the creativity and dedication it does to create a whole new great looking model. You can't do 2-3 models in one night. Hell, you can't even do 1 model in a week, unless that's all you do 24 hours a day.

But, it's still great to see this happening and it's definately worth a download :)

stormtrooper.jpg

so im trying to learn to convert the t2 skins to t1.
I know i'm still a newb at it, but this could get very interesting.

thx for testing it for me pess. <3

SarcaStick said:
stormtrooper.jpg

so im trying to learn to convert the t2 skins to t1.
I know i'm still a newb at it, but this could get very interesting.

thx for testing it for me pess. <3

just tried the same thing, when i converted, my skin was all distorted (maybe cuz it was 512x512) ??

Hobbiticus

It depends on the models complexity on the time length. I can't speak for everyone else. But I could model a new player model in about a day. Where as I could do a new flag in about an hour.

Texture mapping is what usually takes along time. Creating the texture and then mapping it correctly usually takes about twice as long as mapping it (if you do it correctly).

Yes using the T2 models and porting them is easier then building it from scratch. No argument there. And I think the reason everyone is excited is because of the nature of what the models are not what I did.

Anyway after I finish the regular models I will start on the T2 stuff. I am already modeling the Fourwheeler and the hologram flag is done. Yes I modeled them my self and no they are not some elses models. But they are being made from the fact that the Dev team were going to use them. They don't look like the ones the Dev team made though.

Also I did some Cybrid player models for Makaze awhile back and I will probably put those in T2 also. I have a jeep I made that I will probably put in also. And I have a couple of mechs I did for Makaze that I could release also.

Back