T:V Update - Coming December 2004

Nordramor said:
Guy,

Please make sure the patch addresses the following issues:

1. Demos - These have major recording/playback bugs.
2. Tournament Mode Performance - Matches/Scrims have severe performance issues on many servers.
3. Better Observer Mode - Observing and shoutcasting is crippled in T:V due to a very weak observer mode.
4. Spawn Invincibility Bug - It's not cool that you can be killed right as you spawn.
Seriously, can we at least know if these issues are being addressed?
This patch will be useless if it doesn't fix the major issues in the game.

Nightmare- said:
Seriously, can we at least know if these issues are being addressed?
This patch will be useless if it doesn't fix the major issues in the game.

And knowing will be useless because that will not change the patch's contents. please to use brain, dubba dubba dubba

Swamp Kitten said:
Wasn't PunkBuster the anti-cheat for CS that turned out to be partial spyware, slow down performance, and not stop cheaters ?

PB has come a long way since then....still has issues, but its a far far gone thing from the CS days

mc-fine said:
Well if they are busting out with Punkbuster its a good sign they are going all out to fix stuff. Good news.

Not so sure about that, the fact that we already have something to prevent cheating but nothing to help the tourney mode/netcode problems is a big problem. Truthfully I could live without punkbuster in the next patch. Then again I don't expect VUG to address some of the more important issues, because I'm not sure if they know if they can fix them for sure.

AWSOME! :D

That really made my day.

Hopefully punkbuster will own the cheaters, T:V will be bettered, and the damn community will come to the game.

PS: Any news on a TVed update? Its really buggy still..

Nordramor said:
Guy,

Please make sure the patch addresses the following issues:

1. Demos - These have major recording/playback bugs.
2. Tournament Mode Performance - Matches/Scrims have severe performance issues on many servers.
3. Better Observer Mode - Observing and shoutcasting is crippled in T:V due to a very weak observer mode.
4. Spawn Invincibility Bug - It's not cool that you can be killed right as you spawn.

Dont Forget The Server Side Problems!!!!!!!

PxR|GrimJack said:
PB has come a long way since then....still has issues, but its a far far gone thing from the CS days

Like how Sierra wouldn't ALLOW PB to be builtin and was an addon effort.

That is why it was crippled for the most part.

I hate PB, but if IG trusts them, then I shall give them another chance. I think they will tweak the netcode too, they have been supposedly working on the patch since october.

Gracias to all at IG. it's a great game, just some things (autoaim, netcode, tourneymode, demos, etc.) have messed it up a bit. hopefully this patch will fix all/most of them. thx.

BitRaiser said:
Prediction: Now that Guy has come forward and given what everyone has been crying for (a tenitive anouncement about patch production), this whining will not stop.

If fact, I'm willing to bet that people will start complaining about spectualtion on what was not specifically mentioned.

Quit yer effing whining.

Back