killing nanos orbiting at 22km

Bayer

Veteran X
so i've been getting annoyed with the amount of vagas and ishtars roaming around like they own this place.. i got a good setup earlier from toxic i think with a 4 large neut phoon. but the whole i don't want to risk my phoon by testing it out i've been looking into the cane. well basically i was wondering if there was a way to hit like a ishtar orbiting at 22km?

i've been able to scare 1 ishtar away with my cane using barrage and he was orbiting at 12-14ish km so he can still web me... but i did enough dmg to him to the point where he turned mwd and ran. but aside from that if they stay at like 22km and has a point on me and just sends his drones out is there anything i can do?

Shoot his drones. :p

Seriously though, you have limited options aside from using faction gear on a T1 ship.

Webs won't reach him, nor will neuts or NOS. You could smartbomb his drones if equipped, but if it's not a drone boat, that will do no good either.

If it's larger than a frig, he won't have the agility to be able to turn on a dime, so disrupting his orbit by moving your own ship may be your best chance to either close within web or neut range or break his point.

If you're at a gate or station, burn towards it. In a belt, try to get near some asteroids. If you can make him bounce off an object, it may be enough to ruin his day.

Dominix with 2x drone nav computers (mid slot speed upgrade) and one drone speed augmenter rig. Your mediums will easily beat even a fast Ishtar and your heavies a slow one.

Once they start taking damage from that, they'll scramble quickly.

(2431 m/s with berserkers and 4863 with Valkyries, gallente drones are too sluggish)

This is at least how I'd take them on.

target painter
2x web drones
3x t2 medium drones
cruise missiles

theyll run away generally :shrug: if you want to pop them fit a mwd with a t2 point and act like you are panicing at first until he gets fully engaged with drones on you then pop your drones out and flip on mwd and burn at him so that he cant get out of range of your warp disruptor too fast and then rape him

worst case scenario is you get some new drones

Back