Started playing today

MOGS IS A DIRTY ISK SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!

imgad

Stay out of low sec!

Do missions in empire space, the risk is very low.

Wait, do you mean 'pirates' as in NPC's that you shoot as the objective of the mission, or actual pirates who are players that suck duck?

if you got killed by little red pluses ... typically referred to as 'rats' ... they try easier missions, or get a better ship.

if you got killed by white squares, they were probably asshole players and you were in a solar system you weren't supposed to be.

stick to systems 0.5 and above security status. there was once a good beginners guide on this forum : http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412726
don't know how updated that guide is.

nope it was mission guys.....not player pirates....i'm gettin a cruiser today...so i won't have to keep using this crappy frigate anymore :p it dies so easy :(

Here's a Little guide to go by if you already haven't come across it.

Primary/Secondary

Angel Cartel - EXP / EM
Amarr Navy - EM / Thermal
Blood - EM / Thermal
Caldari Navy - Kinetic / Thermal
Gallente - Kinetic / Thermal
Guristas - Kinetic / Thermal
Khanid - EM / Thermal
Mercenary - EM / Thermal / Kin
Mordus - Kinetic / Thermal
Sanshas - EM / Thermal
Serpentis - Kinetic / Thermal

This is what you tank for, and most of the time what you tank for is also the type of ammo you use against them.

3rd Party Tools I use are:
Eve Fitting Tool (EFT)

EveMon

EveMap

----
I go by Neco in eve. If you got any questions I'm usually on during the weekend.

EFT lies.

It's a good tool to use to see if you can fit certain items on your ship with your skillset, so use it only for that.

Don't depend on its calculations for range/dmg output/tank though.

EvEMon on the other hand is a must-have app. Being able to schedule your training and optimize that schedule is invaluable and will make skilling up MUCH less of a headache.

The guides that are stickied are updated with every patch (at leats gone through for relevence) so feel free to use em, esp that mission guide.

One thing that I've chaned my starting advice on is learning skills. While training them early is very effecient (something eve players are more sensitive to that any other mmog player, bar-none) they can be very tedious for a new player.

I reccomed going for ship training first, possibly right up to bs skills, only then should u delve deeper into the learning skills timesink.

That said, having all the skilld trained up to one or two isn't that painless.

If you're still doing lvl1's, I'd reccomend getting a destroyer, they're made for lvl 1s. Possibly ur tank isn't up to snuff, adk in tribalwar for help.

Back