Plane crashes into World trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's tough to retaliate against an extremist terrorist group because by definition they really don't have any problems with the idea of dying for their cause in the first place, unlike pearl harbor where we had a whole country to turn against, etc...

-LoS-Phalanx said:
How does AA fucking lose planes and not warn people...

Because if they said two hijacked planes were heading toward New York on possible suicide missions the largest riot you ever saw would happen.

US Senators saying that this is an act of war on CNN.

Orrin Hatch and John McCain are going semi-ballistic.

Fuck, put these two in charge.

About AA losing the two planes and not notifying....that is fookin weird. I mean, they said a little while ago that pilots have switches they can throw that serreptitiously alert the FAA that a hijacking is in progress....surprised there was nothing on the news until the impact. I mean, you see news reports of hijackings in progress sometimes.

Tekniq, I dont think this is the time to flex your trolling ability especially in the face of human loss and suffering and fear.

there is constant terrorism, not necessarily of this magnitude, but still life threatening every single day in many other countries

it's unfortunate that anyone should have to experience this stuff. now we see what other people are exposed to every waking moment. lots of changes in America soon, I think.

Even if they knew that the planes were hijacked, who would have thought that they would have kamikazied into the WTC? There was nothing that we could do. :(

how would anybody know who to warn of lost planes? think about it. at best you'd be giving 30 seconds notice to every building in that area of new york.

there is nothing to stop an attack like this other than a pilot on the plane who crashes himself (and his passengers) into a safe area, but that would be a tough decision to make as you really don't know for sure the fate of your plane. unlike in the movies, i would imagine terrorists wouldn't even keep the pilots or anybody else alive in a situation like this, no point. no stopping something like this.

KtM said:
US Senators saying that this is an act of war on CNN.

This IS an act of War. For all intents and purposes the US is at war now. The rest of the world should consider themselves lucky that WE (America) will make an effort to find out who was responsible before responding.

America is frighteningly close to martial law at this moment.

This is a horrible horrible chain of events. I still cant believe what I have woken up to this morning.

Rurouni said:
too fucking late

I meant with the evacuation. The entire city would panic.

I also know that yesterday the Naval base here started recalling its officers who had leave. I wonder if the government has *some* knowledge, but not enough to stop anything.

Kurten (AFO) said:
Orrin Hatch and John McCain are going semi-ballistic.

Fuck, put these two in charge.

About AA losing the two planes and not notifying....that is fookin weird. I mean, they said a little while ago that pilots have switches they can throw that serreptitiously alert the FAA that a hijacking is in progress....surprised there was nothing on the news until the impact. I mean, you see news reports of hijackings in progress sometimes.

It is hard to hit a switch before someone puts a bullet in your head after coming through the door seperating the pilot and passenger compartment.

You can bet the terrorists knew how to fly the plane.

bush is on his doomsday plane...the one that's supposedly l33ter than airforce one, headed to louisiana? wtfs...prolly gonna speak with taxi. :eek:

Kaden said:
snip

snip

What? Over what, were not rioting? The attacks have subsidded? What do you justify this on?

Wish I could see this interview from here at the office.

They were on a phone line, couldnt see their faces.

McCain actually said something like "I doubt this is state sponsored terrorism by a country like Iraq or Afghanistan...because they know we will nail the bastards who did this, and massive retaliation would result if it was state sponsored."

I'm paraphrasing there of course, not word for word. I was surprised to hear a senator say the words "nail the bastards" on national television...=O

Like I said, both of them...ballistic.

Kaden said:
This IS an act of War. For all intents and purposes the US is at war now. The rest of the world should consider themselves lucky that WE (America) will make an effort to find out who was responsible before responding.

This is a horrible horrible chain of events. I still cant believe what I have woken up to this morning.

Agreed on all points. This is as close to Martial Law as I know of America ever being.

Further, Bush is now confirmed at Barksdale AFB, which is literaly 10 miles from me. He's supposed to air an announcement that was taped in-flight. I suspect he will be taken away very quickly (and I also suspect that Air Force 1 will launch without him on it, as a decoy) but I have to say: it's mighty gd stupid of the national press to be pinpointing his location on a map.

OMFG!!
I was hoping to never be witness to this in my life.
I have'nt been so sad that i can remember.
i haven't cried in a while.

The truly horrific thing is the personal tradegy that our brothers and sisters are facing as we speak, but also all of the innocent people that will die in the US's retaliation.
this, tragically IS war.

My prayers to all of our families of this tragedy, and for the families of the upcoming devastaion.

side note:
WTF? these stupid fuckers don't learn from history?
the US is just not someone to mess with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back