Kid's Birthday Party Etiquette

His neighborhood wide Orwellian security system is the antithesis of white trash...but was anyone honestly surprised that some random mother didn't want to leave him with alone with their kids?

ngfm-excited.jpg

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

I tried to take the high road and explain to her why it is important to invite the fat girl... treat everybody how you would want to be treated, etc. She sulked for a little bit, but at the threat of not having the party at all, she wrote the invitation.

She came home from school, and I found the invitation still in her backpack though. So I told her if she came home with it again on the last day of school, there was going to be a big problem.

Well she didn't come home with it, but we got a phone call from one of the boys mothers asking if her son was really invited to the party... she had crossed out fat girls name and given it to the boy in her class that she likes.

That was the last day of school, and I have no idea where fat girl lives or her phone number, so my daughter managed to stall the process long enough that she didn't have to invite her. In the end, she did give me a rather compelling argument (for a 3rd grader) that everybody would just be making fun of fat girl and it wouldn't be any fun for her anyways. It's a good point. I am rather glad to not have to worry about constantly policing the party for bullying.

So now the party is going to be 10 nine year old girls and 1 nine year old boy. The girls are spending the night. I'm kicking the boy out at 8pm. To the credit of the boy, he's definitely the little ladies man, and a perfect gentleman of a kid. I have no problem with him coming. He comes over for dinner, cleans his plate, asks politely for seconds, and then clears his plate all the way to the dishwasher. He washes his hands after he pees, and says please and thank you like he doesn't know how not to. A+ kid.

Last edited:
he's doing your daughter
Far too early for that... she's grossed out at the thought of even kissing.

However at the appropriate age, with protection, I'd be ok with it. He's THAT good of a kid.

Not that I wouldn't do my best to scare the living piss out of him in the process... I think that's part of the joy of being a dad to daughters. I will delight in feeling the fear in their eyes.

Thanks for the update. And you see, the whole point is moot because, "School's out for summer."

You need to find out who she invited and ask those parents if they're coming. That way you can get an accurate count for food. Trays of frozen lasagna and pizzas from Samsclub will work well. Heck, you can even order a bunch of fresh pizzas to go if you want to drive there as the party starts. Then you pick up a sheet cake, case of Heinekin, and get wasted as the rug rats are making all that noise.

Thanks for that. We requested RSVP's... why call the parents when you can just make them call you.

And it's not lasagna and Samsclub pizza... it will be pizza from Gino's East, ice cream cupcakes from ColdStone Creamery, and a cake from the local bakery. Are you really that cheap?

I'm not going to get drunk when I'm in charge of a dozen little girls you dumb shit. I'm sure there's going to be an Excedrin or three in my future for that evening, but I try to at least win on the easy decisions when it comes to being responsible with young lives.

You did the right thing and your daughter really did the wrong thing in going behind your back and essentially lying to you. I would suggest there should be some repercussion for this. At the same time, I'm sure the fat girl has forgotten about it since she is 9 years old and now that school is out it is not being discussed in front of her anymore.

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

I tried to take the high road and explain to her why it is important to invite the fat girl... treat everybody how you would want to be treated, etc. She sulked for a little bit, but at the threat of not having the party at all, she wrote the invitation.

She came home from school, and I found the invitation still in her backpack though. So I told her if she came home with it again on the last day of school, there was going to be a big problem.

Well she didn't come home with it, but we got a phone call from one of the boys mothers asking if her son was really invited to the party... she had crossed out fat girls name and given it to the boy in her class that she likes.

That was the last day of school, and I have no idea where fat girl lives or her phone number, so my daughter managed to stall the process long enough that she didn't have to invite her. In the end, she did give me a rather compelling argument (for a 3rd grader) that everybody would just be making fun of fat girl and it wouldn't be any fun for her anyways. It's a good point. I am rather glad to not have to worry about constantly policing the party for bullying.

So now the party is going to be 10 nine year old girls and 1 nine year old boy. The girls are spending the night. I'm kicking the boy out at 8pm. To the credit of the boy, he's definitely the little ladies man, and a perfect gentleman of a kid. I have no problem with him coming. He comes over for dinner, cleans his plate, asks politely for seconds, and then clears his plate all the way to the dishwasher. He washes his hands after he pees, and says please and thank you like he doesn't know how not to. A+ kid.

Wow, way to let a spoiled brat little girl completely walk all over you.

I can't wait til she's gang-banged at 14 years old by some footballers and we get to see the thread where you say "I DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAND IT, WE ALWAYS CARED FOR/LOVED HER!!"

Congratulations on contributing another worthless cunt to society. Your parenting skills are clearly top notch.

Back