Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC Gamer Digital Interview

Most of his talking points in this interview are the same.

He makes a point that they're interested in providing support than providing a product + mod tools because providing mod tools and keeping them up to date is hard.

He says something about loadouts being a guide to roles because the game is better when it's played with teamplay and the loadouts give you "an idea of what to do"

Everything else we've heard before..

Also, after watching that, I'm not sure if the guy was using the phase rifle or the sniper rifle..but that s*** reloads way faster than the sniper from T1/T2 to the point of seeming a little OP. WTF.

*edit*
The one really nice thing was some of the gameplay footage of the game where the player didn't suck total dick.

i dont understand what he would mean by "supporting the mod community"

afaik - t2 had a scripting engine and there was no support given to it beyond what the community did i.e. writers.cs and it extended the life of the game by 2 or 3 years after dynamix/sierra died

i just dont quite get the feeling these guys deep down know what they're talking about with regards to tribes

I think he means they could make changes to the game that would break mods. Unless they release the mod tools at the same time as they update the game, people won't be able to release the new mod version right away. Then those people would bitch that they aren't releasing the mod tools fast enough and everyone would nerdrage about being oppressed by DLC-whoring developers. Also this shit's running on Unreal so it's not quite like the T2 scripting days in terms of mods. It's a pretty weak argument. They should just say they want us to pay for DLC instead of making our own cool shit.

I've noticed that there has been a pretty good drop in enthusiasm for the game on the official forums from the posters there. Even the die-hard HR fans are sorta getting a little bummed.

Too little info, too little video, no screenshots, no beta. I mean, just severe lack of communication. What's going on is my question?

As disappointed as I am with the state of the game, I still would like to play it. I still would like to try it out and see if it can re-ignite any of those old feelings of fun that T1 & T2 put together. Hell, it'd be better than playing the zillionth FPS clone.

meh, it'll pick back up again when new info is released and/or the beta comes out.
hopefully they are using this quiet time to think critically about what people want from it and make the changes.

meh, it'll pick back up again when new info is released and/or the beta comes out.
hopefully they are using this quiet time to think critically about what people want from it and make the changes.

lol good luck with that line of thinking. they're going to launch a steaming pile of ass. they'll kill off tribes:abortion within 8 months of release.

lol good luck with that line of thinking. they're going to launch a steaming pile of ass. they'll kill off tribes:abortion within 8 months of release.

How dare you say bad things about tribes:abortion!

This thread will be deleted, but will be properly restored in 2024 after HiRez has had the chance to review it.

You will be banned from the forums and your children will be castrated one by one and you will be made to watch.

No one talks bad about mother fucking HiRez.... NO ONE!! *angry face*

Grrrrrr mother fucker! Grrrrrrr!!!!

*flexes peck muscles*

I've noticed that there has been a pretty good drop in enthusiasm for the game on the official forums from the posters there. Even the die-hard HR fans are sorta getting a little bummed.

Too little info, too little video, no screenshots, no beta. I mean, just severe lack of communication. What's going on is my question?

As disappointed as I am with the state of the game, I still would like to play it. I still would like to try it out and see if it can re-ignite any of those old feelings of fun that T1 & T2 put together. Hell, it'd be better than playing the zillionth FPS clone.

HiRez knows how to play the forum game. ANYTHING they release information wise is instant cannon fodder. They're not dumb enough to put stuff out there any more that will universally get slammed six ways to sunday. Their fan boys are greatly out numbered by the die hard Tribes fans that are annoyed that HiRez is fucking this up beyond hard core.

They're not listening to the beta testers or the long time fans. They think they know better. They're going down the same path as Irrational is and they're going to pay the same price in the end. BUT ... somehow the veterans and TWar in particular will be blamed for the game being shitty. Can't wait.

Last edited:
HiRez knows how the play the forum game. ANYTHING they release information wise is instant cannon fodder. They're not dumb enough to put stuff out there any more that will universally get slammed six ways to sunday. Their fan boys are greatly out numbered by the die hard Tribes fans that are annoyed that HiRez is fucking this up beyond hard core.

They're not listening to the beta testers or the long time fans. They think they know better. They're going down the same path as Irrational is and they're going to pay the same price in the end. BUT ... somehow the veterans and TWar in particular will be blamed for the game being shitty. Can't wait.

Most accurate post ever.

I'm sure there will be plenty of suckers that will plunk down the money to unlock all the initial loadouts...and then proceed to only use the 5 that have the Spinfusor in it.

There is only one guarantee... the reason they have no mod support is because in order to have any worth while mod, you'd have to have access to the load out system and there would be little stop someone from releasing a 'mod' which turned this game in to an inventory based game wrecking their 'pay per loadout' bullshit. What worthwhile mod wouldn't have access to the weaponry and so forth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back