Does race matter? by Uncle Slappy - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page Does race matter?
Uncle Slappy
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 02-09-2009, 07:01
It looks like the FAQ is pretty old, so I thought I would ask. I'm downloading the trial right now and want to try not to gimp myself. I'm just looking to fly around and bew bew stuff.

Sponsored Links
haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 02-09-2009, 11:09
It's not old, its updated with every major patch as the tag at the top says.

Yes race matters, but only for attribute picks. Your attribute number dictates how fast you train skills (each skill has a primary and secondary attribute that its based on) Some races, like minmitar for ex, have a really high natural perception number and alot of extra picks (career paths) associated with perception. SO they have hte potential to have alot of perception. Perception is used by alot of fighting and ship flying skills.

That's not to say that other races cant have high perception (and they do) just that minnie's can have alot.

I'd reccomend you pick one fo hte Asain sub-races (forgot the name) within any of hte four major races (amarr, minmatar, gallente, caldari). They have good picks and usually result in the best attribute spread.

BUT, THE GUIDES ARE UP TO DATE AND HAVE VITAL INFO. READ THE NEWBIE GUIDE.

Uncle Slappy
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 02-09-2009, 11:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by haniblecter View Post
It's not old, its updated with every major patch as the tag at the top says.

Yes race matters, but only for attribute picks. Your attribute number dictates how fast you train skills (each skill has a primary and secondary attribute that its based on) Some races, like minmitar for ex, have a really high natural perception number and alot of extra picks (career paths) associated with perception. SO they have hte potential to have alot of perception. Perception is used by alot of fighting and ship flying skills.

That's not to say that other races cant have high perception (and they do) just that minnie's can have alot.

I'd reccomend you pick one fo hte Asain sub-races (forgot the name) within any of hte four major races (amarr, minmatar, gallente, caldari). They have good picks and usually result in the best attribute spread.

BUT, THE GUIDES ARE UP TO DATE AND HAVE VITAL INFO. READ THE NEWBIE GUIDE.
My bad, I was scanning it and it seemed like all the dates were 2007 or earlier. I'll go give it a more thorough read over.

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 02-09-2009, 11:40
I've reworked it a bit, but its been hacked up over the course of three years. I've added some clarifications and updated some of the info, but its still in bad shape. The mission guide, however, is faar better put together. Read that sucker.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page Does race matter?

Social Website Bullshit