[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Luke Schenn, Kadri (who is dominating the OHL playoffs), Bozak (leading rookie PPG player), The Monster (showing flashes that he can be an good #1 Goalie...we'll wait and see though), Stalberg, Gunnarsson, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Kaberle (who probably will be moved for a top 6 forward).

Since the deadline, after they moved half the team to Calgary, the Leafs put up 25 points. Over a season that is 102 points. I'm not saying they are a 100 point team, but their are finally positives in this team.

I thought they would be in the 10-12 range this year, and I wrong. Looking forward, I see us pushing for 8th/9th next year, assuming guys continue developing and they can grab a top 6 forward.

Anyway enough of trying to defend my shitty ass team - as much as I hate them, I really think Vancouver could win this year.

Many expected them to be better than they were for sure, your optimism isn't totally misplaced. Still, they have to score goals another way than Kessel.

Now, imagine if you had all those prospects, plus a high 1st rounder this draft and next?

Like I said... 3 years.

why are we talking about the fucking maple leafs
it's sort of like starting a topic of favorite caribbean islands to visit for vacation, someone jokingly mentions haiti, then the conversation turns to how shitty the earthquake was for the next 10 min, and then everyone leaves depressed yet thankful they don't live in haiti

it's sort of like starting a topic of favorite caribbean islands to visit for vacation, someone jokingly mentions haiti, then the conversation turns to how shitty the earthquake was for the next 10 min, and then everyone leaves depressed yet thankful they don't live in haiti

Now, that's a little harsh, even a little mean.

I mean come on... at least Haiti will manage to rebuild one day. :)

Penguins are going to fall faster than Cooke in the first round.

25181_1422329166678_1486198616_1136385_5715913_n.jpg

Ottawa - Detroit in the finals

Their upset in the first round will encourage them enough to drive them to the finals.

Nah. I just try to choose the most outrageous scenarios and hope they happen.

Who really wants to see another Penguin/Wing showdown? Wings are obviously the better team so no reason to, really.

Backchecking: Ranking NHL Defensive Units

:lol: @ SJ and Pagy for there great " insight" of the NHL.

You 'both' said Washington was in trouble because of the defense going into the playoffs.

I think they will be far better off than a lot of teams.

Jeff Schultz, Capitals - Stats - NHL.com - Players Best plus/minus in the league this year was from Washington's defense.

Vancouver comes out of the West and Washington loses to the Penguins again in the conference final.

Vancouver Vs Pittsburgh final.

Nope, Sojourn, you know Pagy's little hockey butt buddy.

They both post like they have this huge knowledge of hockey and I :lol: at how off they were on this one.

Ottawa - Detroit in the finals

Their upset in the first round will encourage them enough to drive them to the finals.

I can see that as a possibility. If Ottawa can 'turn it on' like they have shown they can they can make a push for the cup.

Detroit is one of the scariest teams in the west right now behind the Blackhawks.

I'm not worried about Vancouver. Luongo ain't shit. History has shown us that a 1-line team can't do deep in the playoffs.

Back