Sponsored Links
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
3102 - 08-31-2012, 00:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
Karma Weapons Exploit : Guildwars2

I was banned, but at least it's not permanent.

I was pissed that I missed out on the Chili Poppers thing (so many people in my guild made tons of gold from that, literally 50G+) so I jumped on this. Still pissed that they didn't get banned for that when I did for this.

I'm sad because I actually got a Dusk and Dawn (the two legendary swords, well the swords you need to make the legendary ones).
Good that I bought only leveling weapons for my Thief ^^ I wonder how many of those who got perma'd will actually even bother sending a ticket to get it reverted to 72h

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3103 - 08-31-2012, 00:49
if anyone wants the name "Sun Tsu" ive released it as of an hour ago.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
3104 - 08-31-2012, 00:50
I love the design of Wychmire Swamp, one of my favorite areas I've seen so far.

Also, I must have really bad luck or something because I've now 100% completed both Queensdale and Caledon Forest and I've yet to see either zone boss spawn.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3105 - 08-31-2012, 00:52
i hated the swamp areas in wow the most... but that looks badass

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
3106 - 08-31-2012, 01:52
arenanet artists are awesome

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
3107 - 08-31-2012, 01:54
zone boss?

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
3108 - 08-31-2012, 01:54
hey mme I am level 4 what level are you

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
3109 - 08-31-2012, 01:58
like fukn 32

i think that is max so good game

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
3110 - 08-31-2012, 02:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch View Post
Good that I bought only leveling weapons for my Thief ^^ I wonder how many of those who got perma'd will actually even bother sending a ticket to get it reverted to 72h
I still have a bunch of weapons from the Ebonhawk karma glitch, which is why I did the Norn one (not a single person was banned from the Ebonhawk one, a few people in my guild have Dusk/Dawn and multiple other Legendaries from doing that one).

I honestly don't believe them when they say they'll follow up and ban people. I think the reason they're having people delete their own **** is because they don't have the man power to check every last person properly. They want to scare everyone into doing their job for them (they only banned a few people from the Chili Poppers exploit, probably because they didn't have the man power to properly follow-through with that either, which is why they decided to scare everyone with this to try to stop the rampant exploiting). I could probably just vendor it, and buy it back a while later and be safe. However, my account is worth more to me than Dusk/Dawn so I'll take the safe route.

The problem now is, what's an exploit that's going to get you banned (or was this a 1-time thing to try to scare people/set an example), once again assuming they're serious and can properly track/follow-through with said bans?

If I farm a DE for a few hours for some Karma, am I exploiting a "bugged" event just because it's efficient?

If I'm doing a dungeon and a boss bugs out and we kill it anyway (why stop just because something weird happened?), is that exploiting?

I'm kinda afraid to do anything now.

Last edited by Bughead; 08-31-2012 at 02:24..
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
3111 - 08-31-2012, 02:29
Quote:
I honestly don't believe them when they say they'll follow up and ban people. I think the reason they're having people delete their own **** is because they don't have the man power to check every last person properly.
I believe people did get permae'd for massively purchasing the weapons. It's not too tough to check from database if someone purchased over 50 items from that vendor within a day, then just ban the acc (either suspend or perma). But yes, it's quite obvious that they don't want to waste resources on deleting those items (or what got forged from them). Rollback ain't really option either.

I mean, the people who got the ban weren't just buying couple items for gearing purposes. They were spending pretty much all their karma on that 1 merchant.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
3112 - 08-31-2012, 02:36
Quote:
I believe people did get permae'd for massively purchasing the weapons. It's not too tough to check from database if someone purchased over 50 items from that vendor within a day, then just ban the acc (either suspend or perma). But yes, it's quite obvious that they don't want to waste resources on deleting those items (or what got forged from them). Rollback ain't really option either.

I mean, the people who got the ban weren't just buying couple items for gearing purposes. They were spending pretty much all their karma on that 1 merchant.
They didn't ban a lot of the exploiters with the Chili Poppers thing because a lot of legit people used the vendor, and bought a bunch of the mats to level up. It's hard to differentiate who was legit and who was exploiting. So they only banned the most outrageous offenders (spending extremely high amounts of Karma).

They were able to ban everyone accurately this time because the entire vendor was glitched. That's why they banned ANYONE that purchased something from the vendor, even if it was only 1 weapon. All they had to do was check the logs for that 1 vendor, and ban all the names that purchased something from it. Easy enough.

Checking each individual account to see what items they obtained from the forge, and if they deleted/sold/salvaged/mail them? Extremely unlikely.

However, like I said, I'm not chancing it. A few pre-Legendary weapons aren't worth losing the account. I'll just toss them.

Last edited by Bughead; 08-31-2012 at 16:49..
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
3113 - 08-31-2012, 02:43
Quote:
They were able to ban everyone accurately this time because the entire vendor was glitched. That's why they banned ANYONE that purchased something from the vendor, even if it was only 1 weapon. All they had to do was check the logs for that 1 vendor, and ban all the names that purchased something from it. Easy enough.
People who only bought couple items to use for leveling when they hit 60 didn't get banned (unless they bring 2nd banwave but I doubt that).

Last edited by Witch; 08-31-2012 at 02:54..
drake
VeteranXX
Old
3114 - 08-31-2012, 02:45
its hilarious how bughead tries to rationalise his cheating.

omega81
VeteranXV
Old
3115 - 08-31-2012, 02:47
Was just running around yesterday in the norn areas when some guy started telling people to go north! I see a bunch of people running so i follow and the zone boss appeared :o the battle was awesome!

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
3116 - 08-31-2012, 03:01
Quote:
People who only bought couple items to use for leveling when they hit 60 didn't get banned (unless they bring 2nd banwave but I doubt that).
ArenaNetSupportTeam comments on Karma Weapons Exploit

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: You've probably already tonight's update: Karma Weapons Exploit : Guildwars2 Please note that anyone who used the exploit has been flagged. If you used it 1 time or 1,000 times, you have cheated items or wealth in your inventory.
You must delete all gold and items gained through the use of the exploit now, or immediately upon the expiration of your suspension, or immediately upon account reinstatement after you have filed a formal appeal and after your account has been reinstated.
If you gained items on a small scale and were not suspended, consider this episode a very firm warning. Delete the items and gold immediately no matter how many or how few.
Scare tactics all around. For the people who "gained items on a small scale, why would they be "flagged" and be required to delete the item when they weren't banned/warned in the first place (it's not reasonable to assume they've witnessed this controversy unless you contact them directly which they're obviously not doing)?

Like I said, I'm taking no chances, but I'm pretty impressed by ArenaNet's poker face. I'm not willing to call their bluff.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
3117 - 08-31-2012, 03:04
Well I didn't get either the Caledon Forest or Queensdale bosses (although I got to fight the Queensdale Behemoth during beta), but soon as I ran into Metrica Province the Fire Elemental spawned. I've always heard people complaining in map chat about that one, but I never realized how ridiculous it really is. I think I ended up with a couple decent drops from it, but holy crap is that a crazy fight. Even with near constant dodging I got killed a bunch. I actually ended up breaking all my armor and fighting naked by the end. It was pretty intense when it only took about 1 shot to instant down me because I had no armor on. Definitely the most exciting boss battle I've yet experienced.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
3118 - 08-31-2012, 03:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
Well I didn't get either the Caledon Forest or Queensdale bosses (although I got to fight the Queensdale Behemoth during beta), but soon as I ran into Metrica Province the Fire Elemental spawned. I've always heard people complaining in map chat about that one, but I never realized how ridiculous it really is. I think I ended up with a couple decent drops from it, but holy crap is that a crazy fight. Even with near constant dodging I got killed a bunch. I actually ended up breaking all my armor and fighting naked by the end. It was pretty intense when it only took about 1 shot to instant down me because I had no armor on. Definitely the most exciting boss battle I've yet experienced.
Shadow Behemoth is pretty cool. It's sad that only the starter zones have really epic bosses like that (the mid-zones all have bosses/main events but none on a grand scale like that, at least not that I know of).

Once you're to the higher levels you start fighting the Elder Dragons' champions though. Those fights are always fun (the Claw of Jormag is ****ing rough though ).

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3119 - 08-31-2012, 03:10
Quote:
I still have a bunch of weapons from the Ebonhawk karma glitch, which is why I did the Norn one (not a single person was banned from the Ebonhawk one, a few people in my guild have Dusk/Dawn and multiple other Legendaries from doing that one).

I honestly don't believe them when they say they'll follow up and ban people. I think the reason they're having people delete their own **** is because they don't have the man power to check every last person properly. They want to scare everyone into doing their job for them (they only banned a few people from the Chili Poppers exploit, probably because they didn't have the man power to properly follow-through with that either, which is why they decided to scare everyone with this to try to stop the rampant exploiting). I could probably just vendor it, and buy it back a while later and be safe. However, my account is worth more to me than Dusk/Dawn so I'll take the safe route.

The problem now is, what's an exploit that's going to get you banned (or was this a 1-time thing to try to scare people/set an example), once again assuming they're serious and can properly track/follow-through with said bans?

If I farm a DE for a few hours for some Karma, am I exploiting a "bugged" event just because it's efficient?

If I'm doing a dungeon and a boss bugs out and we kill it anyway (why stop just because something weird happened?), is that exploiting?

I'm kinda afraid to do anything now.
relax dood... they only ban for heavy exploitation. which is easy to track.

as for them warning you to delete ****, dont take that as a bluff.

Last edited by HaPpY; 08-31-2012 at 03:15..
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
3120 - 08-31-2012, 03:50
Quote:
ArenaNetSupportTeam comments on Karma Weapons Exploit

Scare tactics all around. For the people who "gained items on a small scale, why would they be "flagged" and be required to delete the item when they weren't banned/warned in the first place (it's not reasonable to assume they've witnessed this controversy unless you contact them directly which they're obviously not doing)?

Like I said, I'm taking no chances, but I'm pretty impressed by ArenaNet's poker face. I'm not willing to call their bluff.
Yeah I wasn't saying that people should keep them, was just commenting that they didn't YET ban every single player who bought something

couple rare weapons aren't naturally worth the chance.

Page 156 of 238

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin , happy didn't like ap