New New GIF (animated) Thread

Fairly easily. Suffice it to say, explaining it to a non-programmer isn't easy.

Either it's a set location on the feed or it's set by the user, it can interpolate the data around that tiny location (as it would be from that angle) with data around it.

can u try explaining it to a programmer then? cause ur not making sense about how a camera records itself in the shot lol

can u try explaining it to a programmer then? cause ur not making sense about how a camera records itself in the shot lol
What kind of programmer are you to not understand what I said?

Are Google Maps images fake? Why don't you see the car in the images? This isn't rocket science here, bud.

you are saying the camera photographs itself then crops itself out...
It photographs itself? Not sure what you mean. You mean the rod holding the camera? Are you asking if it does it in real time? Well, that's absolutely possible, but not likely. It's probably a program that the company makes the camera (although I'm sure many video editors have this) that allows the user to select the location of the rod to be intelligently cropped out.

If you notice, when you watch the in cockpit 360deg view stuff like with the blue angels, there is always a black spot at the position of the camera. My guess is it has something to do with the FOV of the lens, and software stitching the image together.

edit

"look" straight up. It doesn't get rid of it all though

I've taken tens of thousands of photos in my time, never had a problem with the camera getting in front of the lens though.

I do think Val is correct about the whole software thing, I cant see that that would be a particularly difficult challenge. Especially if ur selfie stick was painted a single bold colour.

Last edited:
PuUV4xn.gif

Back