[beer] Stella Artois tastes like ham

CapnPyro

Contributor
Veteran XX
Stella was up until a few weeks ago my favorite crisp ale, I noticed though after a period of beer snobbing it I came back to Stella and the shit smells and more importantly tastes like ham. Like Canadian bacon, Christmas ham type ham.

I've ruined several friends on Stella with this observation, it's like the Fedex arrow, next time you have a Stella all you'll smell and taste is ham

I'd say it's your classic skunky scent.

Newcastle can occasionally get it as well, so I always make sure to pour those into a glass and let them breathe a bit. Stellas, however, I just avoid if there's something else available. Such a light beer shouldn't have a skunky odor like that.

Stella was up until a few weeks ago my favorite crisp ale, I noticed though after a period of beer snobbing it I came back to Stella and the shit smells and more importantly tastes like ham. Like Canadian bacon, Christmas ham type ham.

I've ruined several friends on Stella with this observation, it's like the Fedex arrow, next time you have a Stella all you'll smell and taste is ham

Beer snob. Geez. Freakin' Pyro ... man. :D

P.S. Newcastle. Now, then, forever.

One of these does not go with the other.

"Crisp ale" my arse. That's the fanciest name I've ever heard for a lager.

Stella was my training beer when I was a teenager. I still enjoy a pint of it whenever I can, though it has been about 2 years since my last one. I'll keep your ham observation in mind for when I get a chance to sample the brew again.

Also, I always found that Stella that was actually imported from Belgium tasted very different. Not better, but different.

Stella is garbage

QFT, Stella makes me gag, repeatedly no matter how you try to "aquire" the taste.

I honestly would rather drink Fosters. Thank god I don't have to.

Currently guzzling a Dos Equis, now there is an underrated drop.

Back