SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

So far through my experimenting, I tend to favor darker and thicker ales, but that's just my personal preference.

I still must say - after all my experimenting to find the perfect beer, I still really like this shit:

bbrown1.jpg

bbrown2.jpg

went to the local market looking for some new stuff to try, came across a local (blanco, tx) brew

Real Ale - Coffee Porter

quite tasty

We just passed a gourmet beer law here in Bama. So now we have all these high alcohol beers that come in 4 packs and can cost up to $20+. I don't want take a chance on that kind of money for a couple of beers if they suck.

Any recommendations for high alcohol content beer?

what is high alcohol content beer? I've had Victory Golden Monkey and I rather enjoy that. It's about 9.5% which is obviously high for beer but I feel like you're talking about something altogether different.

I've had dogfishhead 120 ipa which tasted terrible. It was like drinking a wooden plank soaked in alcohol. I believe that stuff is like 20% or so.

what is high alcohol content beer? I've had Victory Golden Monkey and I rather enjoy that. It's about 9.5% which is obviously high for beer but I feel like you're talking about something altogether different.

I've had dogfishhead 120 ipa which tasted terrible. It was like drinking a wooden plank soaked in alcohol. I believe that stuff is like 20% or so.

Yeah it's like 10%-12% here now. I think that's the highest we can get.

We just passed a gourmet beer law here in Bama. So now we have all these high alcohol beers that come in 4 packs and can cost up to $20+. I don't want take a chance on that kind of money for a couple of beers if they suck.

Any recommendations for high alcohol content beer?

3398813054_aa7440a1df.jpg

Brooklyn Monster. 10.1 abv i think and only $8 for a 4 pack.

Sam Adams winter lager is a rather tasty this year. A small little sports bar near home has it on tap and it's Gooooo- ooood.

Back