Conan O'Brien to NBC: Fuck you, I reject your offer.

his own talk show is what we're getting at d00

Unlike the previous Fox pilots, reflecting little creative control on Stern's part, the WWOR show featured outrageous segments including "Guess the Jew" and "Lesbian Dating Game." Howard Rosenburg, television critic of the Los Angeles Times, described the show as "at once incredibly funny and incredibly vile."[5] In terms of ratings, the show often doubled those of Saturday Night Live on NBC during the half-hour they overlapped.[6] Without his radio show to help him out, Stern managed to attract a 34.4 share at 12:30 am in Los Angeles, in the key demographic of males aged 18 to 49.[7] All American Television, the show's syndicator from 1991-1992, was able to place Stern on 65 stations, covering roughly 70% of the country.[8] The figures, however, were below levels that attracted major advertisers.

today's morals are deviated to the point that i think he can be accepted on late night television for some good ratings

Why is Leno the asshole because of NBC's choices and him looking out for himself and not trying to be some valiant knight figure?

n6801772_290.jpg

Leno is a pretty cool guy, I like him.

And this isn't his doing at all. I'm sure he regrets all of it just as much as Conan.

Maybe he should do the honorable thing and just fall on his sword and walk away from NBC.... but it's a lot easier to say that than to actually do it :ugh:

conan's a smart guy.

if leno squeezes back in, people will watch him, then go to bed. his ratings will be pretty much the same as they were in late night.

his money will go away or they'll can him after blaming him for dropping the ball when it's not his fault.

he has no choice but make a stand here. Leno's audience is old people... my parents like leno. Soon they'll be too old to stay up that late, and his ratings will be toast.

Back