I just had my tail removed......

...and after seeing that, I think that I can handle a couple days of discomfort every year or two rather than going through the surgery.

The last time was almost 2 years ago. Had a new doc and he did a really good job of treating me. Had a wick in for a couple days and it really healed nicely.

Cross you fingers.

buttocks.jpg

http://www.dermasciences.com/clinical/images/pilonidal2.GIF

pilonidal1.gif

Last edited:
Pilonidal disease is a chronic infection of the skin in the region of the buttock crease (Figure 1). The condition results from a reaction to hairs embedded in the skin, commonly occurring in the cleft between the buttocks. The disease is more common in men than women and frequently occurs between puberty and age 40. It is also common in obese people and those with thick, stiff body hair.

Symptoms vary from a small dimple to a large painful mass. Often the area will drain fluid that may be clear, cloudy or bloody. With infection, the area becomes red, tender, and the drainage (pus) will have a foul odor. The infection may also cause fever, malaise, or nausea.
There are several common patterns of this disease. Nearly all patients have an episode of an acute abscess (the area is swollen, tender, and may drain pus). After the abscess resolves, either by itself or with medical assistance, many patients develop a pilonidal sinus. The sinus is a cavity below the skin surface that connects to the surface with one or more small openings or tracts. Although a few of these sinus tracts may resolve without therapy, most patients need a small operation to eliminate them.

A small number of patients develop recurrent infections and inflammation of these sinus tracts. The chronic disease causes episodes of swelling, pain, and drainage. Surgery is almost always required to resolve this condition.

The treatment depends on the disease pattern. An acute abscess is managed with an incision and drained to release the pus, and reduce the inflammation and pain. This procedure usually can be performed in the office with local anesthesia. A chronic sinus usually will need to be excised or surgically opened.
Complex or recurrent disease must be treated surgically. Procedures vary from unroofing the sinuses to excision (Figure 2) and possible closure with flaps. Larger operations require longer healing times. If the wound is left open, it will require dressing or packing to keep it clean. Although it may take several weeks to heal, the success rate with open wounds is higher. Closure with flaps is a bigger operation that has a higher chance of infection; however, it may be required in some patients. Your surgeon will discuss these options with you and help you select the appropriate operation.

PessimiStick said:
The secret is to take the pillows you normally use for your head (since having them under your head while lying on your stomach is uncomfortable as fuck), and turn them lengthwise, and place them under the side of your torso that your head faces. This lessens the angle your head is turned to, and is actually quite comfortable. At least that's what works for me.

:huh: Explain better please.

(XN)Wraith said:
She says yes. :( :cry:

Turns out that it wasn't cancer, but the 2nd infection had killed the testicle and turned it cystic, so they removed it anyway. Now I am the one-nut-wonder.

Don't worry about it. Lots of famous people only have one testicle. Hitler for example. He had only one nut, and he got lots of hot italian chicks and rocked on for a little while.

Then he went a little crazy, but before that he was doing just fine with one ball.

I just made a full body check of myself...

no tails, no twisted testies, and no extreme pain heading to either area......

:scared:

omg :eek:

I was reading this thread with the "girlish" leg crossing, and as soon as I read about that dude twisting his testicles I had to uncross them :eek:

Back